Defender Source Forum banner

Project help for $$$$ and Beer

2K views 16 replies 10 participants last post by  kurtisblo 
#1 ·
Hi guys. I live in the Northern California and I'm looking for someone that is a handy mechanic to help me with a few projects. My goal here is two fold. 1) to get some work done for less than the $135/hour labor rate charged by local Marin independents. And 2) I want to help with the work and learn how to do some of it myself. Let me know if you have any interest in making some money and all you can drink Pliny (possibly the Younger as my buddy works at RR Brew Co) and teaching someone the ropes. My truck is a 1991 200 TDI. The projects in order of priority/severity are:

1) read differential leak - need to seal the rear case and pinion. My understanding is that this is not a tough job but I'm not comfortable doing it myself

2) Transfer box - it is leaking and could be resealed or replaced. Not a terrible leak so not urgent. Not sure about the gear box.

3) steering box - is leaking and I've been told needs to be replaced but would like to get another opinion. Not urgent

Thanks guys. No idea if this will interest anyone but figured I would ask.

This post has been deleted
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.