Power to illumination terminal for Carling switch - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Build-up's, Projects & Registry Profiles > Smaller Projects

Old June 5th, 2016, 06:03 PM
KualaLumpurExpress
Michael Gutch
1983/110

Power to illumination terminal for Carling switch

Looking for a little help on what is giving me some trouble:

I just installed 2 aux. Hella lights and two USB chargers into my 83 110 ROW 2.5 diesel. To run the lights I put in 3 Carling on-off illuminated switches; one for the lights and 2 for future goodies. I took power straight from the battery, through a fuse box mounted in the battery box, to the switch and back through a relay. For the USB's I also took power straight from the battery through the fuse box. Everything works great - thanks for all the posts which helped make this a success.

To illuminate the switches (when off) I was seeking a source of power that was switched; as I didn't think a constant source of power (from the battery) would be appropriate. I've been looking at the wiring diagrams but can't seem to find a easy post-switch power source to tap into for the illumination. Or is it ok to use constant power for these 3 switch LED's.

Thanks in advance for advice!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old June 5th, 2016, 11:18 PM
Landy_Andy
Andy
1999 D2, 1985 D100 Truggy & 1951 S1

Switch illumination generally comes from the side light or dash instrument back light cct., look for red wires with a white trace.
Old June 11th, 2016, 12:22 PM
KualaLumpurExpress
Michael Gutch
1983/110

Thanks Andy for the reply - I actually tapped into a white wire coming from the ignition switch as I didn't have a RW wire. The old wiring diagrams indicated a W wire powered the warning lights. It was the one - and the switches are now illuminated with the ignition on only. Thanks again for the steer!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Build-up's, Projects & Registry Profiles > Smaller Projects

Tags
switch