Paint touch up - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Build-up's, Projects & Registry Profiles > Smaller Projects

Old April 30th, 2008, 10:31 AM
FlaD90
Tom
1994 ST D90
D-90 Source Vendor

Paint touch up

I have a few spots on my lower door panel which paint chipped off or pealed off one of the two.

Are the aftermarket touch up paints okay for this and is the factory paint a one part or two part (clear built-in)?

I have "alpine white" color code.

All the best
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old April 30th, 2008, 12:48 PM
JimC
Jim Cheney
NAS 110 #145
Site Team

Registry
Its a single stage paint, and I would go with a factory match or send a sample to Tower Paint and get a custom spray can made up. Whites are so hard to match, and Alpine White is a pretty funny color, a lot of yellow in it surprisingly. I think something generic might not look good. Perhaps someone has found a good match from a common brand though?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old April 30th, 2008, 02:07 PM
themaxx
Ade
94 ST

Registry
From this thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric Siepmann
www. Painscratch.com. Call them and give them you VIN. They have really nice paint. And unlike the RN crap, They mix the base separately from the clear. Matched my Alpine White perfectly. And with the two components it was near invisible when it dried. Shipping is reasonable and they also have other supplies.

EwS
and

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abrooks
Bump from the dead to make someone's search easier -- neither AB nor RN carry touchup paint anymore, my local dealer can order the little bottle with the brush in the handle for $19 and it takes 2-3 days. Paintscratch.com still appears to exist and carries every rover color for '94 at least.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 1st, 2008, 07:07 AM
FlaD90
Tom
1994 ST D90
D-90 Source Vendor

I had been looking at paint scratch before I posted this question but, now I'm sold on it.

Thank guys!!
Old May 2nd, 2008, 08:49 AM
mountainviewrover
MARK LECLAIR
95 Range Rover Classic

Registry
tough one. the single stage i find fades over time and it's a devil to match up, even if you order the same exact land rover color. good luck.
Old May 2nd, 2008, 09:33 AM
Eric Siepmann
Eric W. Siepmann
1997 Defender 90 SW

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainviewrover
tough one. the single stage i find fades over time and it's a devil to match up, even if you order the same exact land rover color. good luck.
Have the D professionally detailed. Wet sanded or buffed you can get the paint to a very good state before touching up. That's what I did.

EwS

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Build-up's, Projects & Registry Profiles > Smaller Projects

Tags
paint