One year with the 110 - Page 2 - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Build-up's, Projects & Registry Profiles > Smaller Projects

Old February 3rd, 2010, 10:11 AM
sn1987
Sandy
2008 D110 SW <3<3

Mudsux, trust me that i didnt wanted to do it either, but i cannot opt out the garage from rent and i somehow have problems with the car standing just in line on the street. I have roof rack and i cannot have it permanently on the car!
There is no dedicated parking place either.
I would also prefer the older defender (mainly because of price) but newer come out cheaper here (insurance, etc). It is now up to me, that my will tell lot of stories in few years! Have already lot to tell though! Including saving of Hilux from sand, leaving Swift in mud when he tried to save pure bride etc. After driving in TD5 I though enjoy every improvement TD4 have (TC, 6th speed, lower range 1st gear, anti stall,...). But would gladly make the compromise in those not so important things to save moneys.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old February 3rd, 2010, 10:32 AM
phoenix37
john
97 D90 ST / 1957 S1 109/ 1983 LS110

Registry
Its easy for someone in Orlando to say When you start having to scrape ice off your windshield lowering your truck might start to seem very appealing.
Old February 3rd, 2010, 10:36 AM
MUDSUX
Forrest
Like my Tatas?

Registry
Sandy I like your Puma. Im glad you're having fun with it. It will be a few months before mine will be ready to play.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"It is the soldier, who salutes the flag, who serves beneath the flag, and whose coffin is draped by the flag that allows the protester to burn the flag"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old February 3rd, 2010, 10:39 AM
sn1987
Sandy
2008 D110 SW <3<3

john, that is why TD4 have heated windshield! (same way as rear window, with wires inside!)

thank you Mudsux, it is everything for me right now. hope your waiting will not kill you. They had to actually give me another rover before mine was finished. But i got to drive fire and ice edition as well!

Old February 3rd, 2010, 11:27 AM
MUDSUX
Forrest
Like my Tatas?

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by MUDSUX View Post
Sandy I like your Puma. Im glad you're having fun with it. It will be a few months before mine will be ready to play.
Oh snap! I just re-read my post and realized it could have been interpreted so differently. Why can't we edit our posts after 15 minutes? I am glad Germans don't understand the innuendoes of Pumas. Hehe.

"It is the soldier, who salutes the flag, who serves beneath the flag, and whose coffin is draped by the flag that allows the protester to burn the flag"
Old February 3rd, 2010, 11:48 AM
sn1987
Sandy
2008 D110 SW <3<3

:-DD

nope, all i see is Puma; Der Puma (zoologisch), Panther, Pantherkatze

Old February 4th, 2010, 01:52 PM
MUDSUX
Forrest
Like my Tatas?

Registry
Yup,

Puma; Der Puma (zoologisch), Panther, Pantherkatze...that's exactly what I meant to say.

Old February 4th, 2010, 02:54 PM
sn1987
Sandy
2008 D110 SW <3<3

:-dd

Old February 4th, 2010, 03:10 PM
MUDSUX
Forrest
Like my Tatas?

Registry
What the hell is :-dd ? Try using the emoticons so we know what german women are thinking about.

Old February 4th, 2010, 03:15 PM
rijosho
Joshua
1995 Black ST - Rhinolined edition
Research Assistant/Eagle Eyes

Registry
MUDSUX did you hear about that kiteboarder who was eaten by a shark?
Old February 4th, 2010, 03:16 PM
sn1987
Sandy
2008 D110 SW <3<3

that is laughing with tongue out

Old February 4th, 2010, 03:18 PM
MUDSUX
Forrest
Like my Tatas?

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by sn1987 View Post
that is laughing with tongue out
Nice, I was just playin with ya.

------ Follow up post added February 4th, 2010 03:19 PM ------

Quote:
Originally Posted by rijosho View Post
MUDSUX did you hear about that kiteboarder who was eaten by a shark?
What? where? Must be some idiot from Florida. Probably same idiot that when out kiting in a hurricane last year in South Florida. You gotta respect mother nature, she will whip you around like a rag doll. I have been so busy haven't had a chance to break out my kites. Hoping to use my 110 to go to the beach instead of that stupid Hummer. Don't ask about the Hummer....it was "what is best for me right now" during my intern year at the hospital. I was delusional with lack of sleep.

Old February 4th, 2010, 03:24 PM
rijosho
Joshua
1995 Black ST - Rhinolined edition
Research Assistant/Eagle Eyes

Registry
Quote:
What where? Must be some idiot from Florida. Probably same idiot that when out kiting in a hurricane last year in South Florida. You gotta respect mother nature, she will whip you around like a rag doll.

The hurricane idiot made for one of the funniest videos though...something about watching him smack into the side of the building across the highway from the beach was so gratifying.

The shark attack was in Palm Beach.

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/news/au...in-213027.html
Old February 4th, 2010, 03:37 PM
MUDSUX
Forrest
Like my Tatas?

Registry
A 8-10 inch bite to the right thigh? I guarantee you the shark hit the femoral artery. That's a big one, you will bleed out in a matter of minutes. That's part of the rush though. You know they are out there. The hurricane video was very amusing to watch. Sad part is that we all want to go out when it's booming like that. He did nothing for the kiteboarding community, did not promote the sport and certainly not an advocate for kite safety. I just hope they don't shut down access to the beach because of him.

Old February 11th, 2010, 08:02 AM
IPSC_GUY
Peter/Lesbo
1983 110, 1985 110, 1993 110...

Quote:
I have never heard of lowered springs in a Defender, isn't that Blasphemy? J/K. Sadly enough, mine doesn't fit in the garage either, not that I have room for it. I often wonder what it would be like to own a newer Defender but given the option, I think I would pick the older ones. They just have more character a seem to tell a story when you see them. Not that I would ever turn away a 2008 PUMA!

Barry, I am not even half way through with my rebuild but I think my list will be pretty extensive too. I'm almost afraid to list it.
Ohhh no do list it your project is massive ! ! !

More Character. Can I use that one? Character??? Yeah, Character, as I weld up holes in the frame of a truck that I will have more into when done than a brand new Puma HE HE HE HO HO HO ! ! !

Keep pluggin on your 83 ts is total motivation for me to do a galvy frame swap as well.

IPSC_GUY
SIERRA II ALPHA
Old February 13th, 2010, 09:51 AM
Uncle Douglas
Doug Crowther
A defender in every driveway-motto
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
Holes in your frame ????

Dividing Creek Imports
Worldwide Vehicle Shipment and Importation Service
Restoration & Modification work

Old February 17th, 2010, 04:40 PM
bjf
barry f
94 ST #395

Just ordered a rubber seat box cover like Jim and Ze have from Safarirover. My truck is going to be more rubberized than the gimp from pulp fiction.

Also got the tuffy.

Will post pics of the new toys

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjf View Post
I got my 110 12 months ago thinking it was a deal. HA HA HA HA

Replaced all outer bolts with MUDUK stainless
Replaced the old rusted out hinges with takeoff hinges from a white 2008 Defender.
Ripped out the carpet and replaced with new style rubber td5 floor coverings
Rubber floor mats through out Front , middle, and heavy duty one in the back. All genuine.
Replaced Seatbox cover with genuine rubber version instead of carpet
Replaced rear carpet it area with a special land rover mat only made in Brazil. It covers everything.
Installed Trailhead 4x4 stainless oil cooler lines
Replaced outer right tierod end
Replaced foam in front seats. Had this done by an upholstery shop.
Added genuine seat covers. Removed jump seats
Refilled swivel housings with grease instead of oil
Replaced all door seals including sill seals
New Battery
Added K&N Air Filter
New ball joint assembly in the rear
New power steering hoses
Had top end of the engine rebuilt (head gasket, valve cover gasket, plugs, rod and cam bearings, etc)
New cross seals and oil pan seals
New fan clutch
Brass Radiator plugs
EE Convex Mirrors
New hood cable
New rubber feet for hood
Resealed Front passenger side hub (seal kit from rovers north)
Dynamatted floors, doors and roof
Replaced all burnt out bulbs in dash
New AC switch, relay, resistor, new heater valve, seals, compressor oil, and fans. New AC lines to compressor. System now runs on R134 and blows at 48 degrees
Fixed torn AC vacuum lines
Added a Mantec tire carrier
New center hubcaps
Had the cage powder coated black. Zinc primed All new bolts, factory washers, to hold the cage on
Replaced all missing or broken interior trim. (one door lock, missing vent cover, plastic for fan switch, rubber blanking cap, etc)
New wiper arms, mounts, screws and silblade wipers
Installed original factory radio with new speakers
New turn, horn lever. Only replaced because the boot on the old one was missing and you can't buy the boot separate.
New drivers side door check - holds door open
Recovered headliner and added three new style interior lights
New windshield and alpine window seals
*New style rear door with all parts not painted yet
New winch fairlead, cable, and hook
Wheels powder coated black, all new lug nuts, and BF Goodrich KM2 mud terrains
Billstein shocks
OME steering stabilizer
HD springs
Recored Radiator
Aluminum kick panels to replace cardboard
Stripped and repainted rear crossmember
Refinished badge on the back
Tuffy Box on the way

I think I got most of it. Sadly its still far from perfect.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/barryri...7613242026920/
Old February 17th, 2010, 05:35 PM
Jon_Winningham
Sterling M Archer
1995 AA Yellow NAS D90 #2986

Registry
Quote:
Just ordered a rubber seat box cover like Jim and Ze have from Safarirover. My truck is going to be more rubberized than the gimp from pulp fiction.

Also got the tuffy.

Will post pics of the new toys
Were do you get all this cash?!
Must have one hell of a trust fund. Or sugar mama like Betty White?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	gimp horse.jpg
Views:	95
Size:	42.3 KB
ID:	25287  
1995 NAS Defender 90 AA Yellow #2986: Current
2009 Range Rover Supercharged Black/Black: Current

1993 NAS Defender 110 #375/500: Sold
1995 NAS Defender 90 Soft Top Beluga Black #2556: Sold
1991 Range Rover Hunter Green: Sold
1997 NAS Defender 90 Station Wagon Portofino Red #128: Sold
1993 NAS Defender 110 Beluga Black #215/500: sold
Old February 17th, 2010, 05:40 PM
bjf
barry f
94 ST #395

Well another board member bought me the tuffy as a present for me helping him get a truck. Plus I am installing his tuffy.

I did not want to spend on a seat box cover but figured if I was ever going to do it now was a good time as the center console is out.

I am beyond broke from this truck. Thought about selling the 110 today and buying a cheap LR3. Anyone who wants to trade me a nice LR3 plus 35 and I am all over it.

Wait you are one to talk. Your truck is fully restored!!! That couldnt have been free
Old February 17th, 2010, 05:44 PM
Jon_Winningham
Sterling M Archer
1995 AA Yellow NAS D90 #2986

Registry
Quote:

Wait you are one to talk. Your truck is fully restored!!! That couldnt have been free
no, not free
spent more on the restoration than I did on the D110 itself
1995 NAS Defender 90 AA Yellow #2986: Current
2009 Range Rover Supercharged Black/Black: Current

1993 NAS Defender 110 #375/500: Sold
1995 NAS Defender 90 Soft Top Beluga Black #2556: Sold
1991 Range Rover Hunter Green: Sold
1997 NAS Defender 90 Station Wagon Portofino Red #128: Sold
1993 NAS Defender 110 Beluga Black #215/500: sold

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Build-up's, Projects & Registry Profiles > Smaller Projects

Tags