Ok, so I have been looking to replace my upper windows for a while now and I don't have an extra testicle to spare. So I jumped into this yesterday, one side the posts were completely rusted through and the other side I had to cut off bc they were seized up. So costs where $4.75 for four six inch grade eight bolts an $10 for a pc of 1x3. I cut the 1x3 on two opposite corners and split the bottom frame. I bent up the frame to see where the spot welds were and marked and drilled them out. I cleaned all the excess rust laid down rust converter to help for the future. I put the bolts in the hole held up the frame and tacked the bolts in place. After marking the 1x3 I drilled the holes. I finished welding the bolts to the frame, placed the 1x3 in place and tacked that in place. I checked the posts again to make sure that they didn't move before welding up. Welded er all up an slid it back into place. I also took a pc of 1" aluminum to cap the bottom, installed that with pop rivets. The one went in easy the other I had to bend the posts a little to coax it into place. I still need to sand prime and paint, but at least I can keep my testicles an keep them warm all at the same time. Total time about five hours and total cost less than $15.
"Someone once told me not to bite off more than I can chew, I told them I'd rather choke on greatness than nibble on mediocrity!!!"