NAS ST to a ROW Top with external cage - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Build-up's, Projects & Registry Profiles > Smaller Projects

Old November 11th, 2008, 04:46 AM
mrfilson
Kevin Jones
Ex-Mod 90 2.5na

NAS ST to a ROW Top with external cage

I am looking to convert my ST to a ROW top with an external roll cage.
Any problem forseen by anyone?
Anyone done this?
Any one have an external roll cage or a ROW top around?

Finish project to have top as shown in pics..

Any ideas?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	sidebars.jpg
Views:	225
Size:	80.7 KB
ID:	16239   Click image for larger version

Name:	DefenderRollBar-002.jpg
Views:	221
Size:	86.7 KB
ID:	16240  

The remark was made by Sir Isaac Newton in 1720 upon losing 20,000 of public funds in the market

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old November 11th, 2008, 05:37 AM
Uncle Douglas
Doug Crowther
A defender in every driveway-motto
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
CVC has the SD full cage. The cage you picture looks like P&P's.

Dividing Creek Imports
Worldwide Vehicle Shipment and Importation Service
Restoration & Modification work

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old November 11th, 2008, 07:39 AM
JimC
Jim Cheney
NAS 110 #145
Site Team

Registry
Yeah, Safety Devices makes a better looking cage than Protection & Performance (Evans), but I don't know the difference on costs. Try Frogs Island 4x4 - I think they used to have SD cages in stock.

Keep in mind this is a one-way conversion. By the time you put holes in your rear tub, you aren't going to switch back to the soft top config without some major body work.

If you do this, you may as well swap the tub cappings too, since its a little bit of a pain to make the ST cappings work with the hard top, and if you have the right piece its much easier.

What is ROW about the top? You want something other than a standard station wagon top?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old November 11th, 2008, 08:53 PM
mrfilson
Kevin Jones
Ex-Mod 90 2.5na

ROW tops

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimC
Yeah, Safety Devices makes a better looking cage than Protection & Performance (Evans), but I don't know the difference on costs. Try Frogs Island 4x4 - I think they used to have SD cages in stock.

Keep in mind this is a one-way conversion. By the time you put holes in your rear tub, you aren't going to switch back to the soft top config without some major body work.

If you do this, you may as well swap the tub cappings too, since its a little bit of a pain to make the ST cappings work with the hard top, and if you have the right piece its much easier.

What is ROW about the top? You want something other than a standard station wagon top?
Jim,

I thought all NAS tops had hole in the side for NAS roll bar go pass in the cab, as I want a external roll cage I wouldn't wna that. If they are the same then you once again taught me something. Will the make it easier to find a top that I am looking for?

-kevin

The remark was made by Sir Isaac Newton in 1720 upon losing 20,000 of public funds in the market

Old November 11th, 2008, 09:21 PM
JimC
Jim Cheney
NAS 110 #145
Site Team

Registry
Oh, well, kind of. Tops from a NAS trucks will have drill holes from the cage, but thought you were talking about some other aspect of the configuration that I couldn't figure out. You're likely to have a much easier time finding a top with no holes in it anyway - when I did my conversion I got a used top that wasn't NAS and drilled holes in it for my roll cage. Worst-case scenario, those holes would be quite easy to plug.

Old November 12th, 2008, 03:00 PM
mrfilson
Kevin Jones
Ex-Mod 90 2.5na

Top vendor

Jim,

Do you know where I can get a top?

Old November 12th, 2008, 03:32 PM
JimC
Jim Cheney
NAS 110 #145
Site Team

Registry
Doug (Maryland 110) is selling one at a great price right now. You'll have to supply your own side windows.

Follow-up Post:

You're not likely to find one any closer. Just pay him to build a crate and ship it to you via forward air. it will cost less than 500 bucks. I paid 1800 for my top, and then shipping on top of it.

Old November 13th, 2008, 08:18 AM
Uncle Douglas
Doug Crowther
A defender in every driveway-motto
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
Jim,

Its not me with the top. Its Shams up in New Engand. I just commented on his thread. He has it priced dirt cheap @ $1000 bucks or so, ie less than what shipping would be to bring one over, with a very nice lift gate. Shipping one in the US isn't going to be cheap either.

Everything around my place has a 110 wheel base.

Dividing Creek Imports
Worldwide Vehicle Shipment and Importation Service
Restoration & Modification work

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Build-up's, Projects & Registry Profiles > Smaller Projects

Tags
cage, nas