More mods to #310 - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Build-up's, Projects & Registry Profiles > Smaller Projects

Old October 25th, 2014, 09:57 PM
wmatos1001
William
1994 NAS Defender 90

Registry
More mods to #310

Been working each weekend on the Defender 90. New additions include OEM LR springs rated for winch duty, new LR shocks all around and new shock towers. Vehicle has been completely tuned up, K&N air filter and all new fluids. Also removed the odd and rusted non-stock true dual exhaust set up that you will see in my original posts with a new stainless exhaust from the headers back (including new stainless cats). With the dual exhaust gone I was finally able to mount the OEM LR side runners which look great and make it so much easier to hop in the vehicle. I also removed the factory forward facing rear seat, installed a fire extinguisher and new OEM LR rubber cargo liner. I now have a lot more room back there and will install Exmoor trim bench seats in the coming months to keep the cargo area clear. I have a 1994 Factory brush guard I bought from a nice member of this forum that will be going on next.

Upcoming work (not doing myself) includes a new galvanized rear cross member as this one is showing some rot on the inside, a new body mount bar (mounts the middle of the body tub to the frame) which is showing some rust at the bolted ends and new brake lines. After the frame work it will be completely treated with waxoyl to keep things rust free. Other than the new above items the frame is in extremely good shape so I'm hoping to have this vehicle for many years to come.

With 118,000 miles on the clock I plan to keep it well maintained and right now after the major tune up she is running like a car half her age!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG1021.jpg
Views:	151
Size:	63.6 KB
ID:	105686   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG1022.jpg
Views:	143
Size:	54.0 KB
ID:	105687  

Name:	IMAG1017.jpg
Views:	135
Size:	62.0 KB
ID:	105688   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0997.jpg
Views:	142
Size:	52.8 KB
ID:	105689  

Name:	IMAG0992.jpg
Views:	126
Size:	45.8 KB
ID:	105690  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old October 25th, 2014, 10:03 PM
kevincdoyle
Kevin C. Doyle
1995 NAS D90 Coniston Green SW

Registry
Looks great...

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmatos1001 View Post
Been working each weekend on the Defender 90. New additions include OEM LR springs rated for winch duty, new LR shocks all around and new shock towers. Vehicle has been completely tuned up, K&N air filter and all new fluids. Also removed the odd and rusted non-stock true dual exhaust set up that you will see in my original posts with a new stainless exhaust from the headers back (including new stainless cats). With the dual exhaust gone I was finally able to mount the OEM LR side runners which look great and make it so much easier to hop in the vehicle. I also removed the factory forward facing rear seat, installed a fire extinguisher and new OEM LR rubber cargo liner. I now have a lot more room back there and will install Exmoor trim bench seats in the coming months to keep the cargo area clear. I have a 1994 Factory brush guard I bought from a nice member of this forum that will be going on next.

Upcoming work (not doing myself) includes a new galvanized rear cross member as this one is showing some rot on the inside, a new body mount bar (mounts the middle of the body tub to the frame) which is showing some rust at the bolted ends and new brake lines. After the frame work it will be completely treated with waxoyl to keep things rust free. Other than the new above items the frame is in extremely good shape so I'm hoping to have this vehicle for many years to come.

With 118,000 miles on the clock I plan to keep it well maintained and right now after the major tune up she is running like a car half her age!

Sheesh I gotta get my paint shined up!

"I actually like to paint some of my smaller parts......"
Old October 25th, 2014, 10:16 PM
wmatos1001
William
1994 NAS Defender 90

Registry
After each run on the trails I wash it then hit it with a professional buffer and some polish. Takes only about a half hour and shines up great!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old October 25th, 2014, 10:29 PM
jruti
Jon Ruti
'94 D-90, #20

Registry
Looking great, can't wait to see the brush guard.
Old October 26th, 2014, 12:41 AM
ini88
Daniel Marcello
Alloy+Grit Creative Director

Wait that that's what Coniston green looks like?
1994 Defender 90 #916
1967 Lancia Fulvia
1974 Alfa Romeo GTV
Old October 26th, 2014, 03:34 PM
wmatos1001
William
1994 NAS Defender 90

Registry
Yes, it does look a little different in person versus these pictures but that's it

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Build-up's, Projects & Registry Profiles > Smaller Projects

Tags
mod