More Heat! Yea! - Page 2 - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Build-up's, Projects & Registry Profiles > Smaller Projects

Old February 27th, 2015, 09:47 PM
the rover shop
shayne young
89,93 & 95 camel trophy 110s 06 130

Would be simple enough to run flexible ducting up under the floor and pipe it into the fresh air intake from say... Under your seat in the battery box for example.. Then it's just a matter of blocking off the fender intake and voila..one interior air recirculating system.., you could just partially open the fresh air Intake grate and then you get a small amount of fresh air with your recirculating air.. Easy enough to have it installed in winter and removed during non cold months..!!
And I have seen a modification which uses a larger fan and is supposed to provide a lot more air flow..it uses an a/c delco blower motor and cage from memory.. Common upgrade in England..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old February 27th, 2015, 09:58 PM
icnsltmfg
Adam
1988 D90 RHD 19J

Registry
That sounds like it would work nicely...hell you could put in a Y pipe as it goes into the blower that has a damper in it so you can mix as much fresh / recirculated air as required..wow...spending way to much time with my HVAC contractor..

2017 Range Rover L405 HSE TD6
2008 Range Rover HSE L322/MkIII - Gone but not forgotten
1988 D90 County RHD 2.5TD
2015 Porsche Cayenne TD
Old February 27th, 2015, 10:13 PM
NPT90
JT
D90 óriginalé

Registry
Anyone try on of these?

http://www.allisport.com/product-cat...heater-matrix/

I mean hypothetically it would increase heat output
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old February 27th, 2015, 11:35 PM
Red90
John B.
1991 Defender 90, 200TDI
Site Team

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by NPT90 View Post
Anyone try on of these? http://www.allisport.com/product-cat...heater-matrix/ I mean hypothetically it would increase heat output
I'm sure they are nice but a complete much larger replacement heater is substantially cheaper.

Land Rover. Turning owners into mechanics since 1948.
Old February 28th, 2015, 10:31 AM
jrose609
Jason Rose
1983 110 County 200tdi

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red90 View Post
I'm sure they are nice but a complete much larger replacement heater is substantially cheaper.
John, anything you would do differently the second time around? Im thinking I'm going to follow your lead on a heater......
Old March 2nd, 2015, 04:45 PM
d90boy
keith humphreys
aka: Mr Fancy Pants

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overlander View Post
How in God's name can such an esteemed member of this forum, purveyor of 6 figure Rovers and business partner with ECR not know about this?

Seriously, I know your joking...that was a good one.
sadly not a joke.
not business partners with them either. remember i am just a guy with fancy pants.
Old March 2nd, 2015, 05:45 PM
Red90
John B.
1991 Defender 90, 200TDI
Site Team

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrose609 View Post
John, anything you would do differently the second time around? Im thinking I'm going to follow your lead on a heater......
The one I used is a tight fit and puts out more heat than needed in the 90. The Summit Racing one would be a lot less work and be fine for a 90. For a 110, mine would be great, but I would suggest you need to do more ducting work to push some air into the back seats.

You would get a bit more out of mine with a larger bulkhead hole, I think, but I wanted to be able to put the stock heater back, if desired. I really need to measure the output of it now that I have the vents opened up and the intake on it. Maybe in a bit, once winter lets off. I'm guessing I'm up around 9 kW (31000 btu-h) as it sits.

Keep in mind, this is all for a LHD. A RHD provides a lot more restrictions in space for the heater and the bulkhead hole size.

Land Rover. Turning owners into mechanics since 1948.
Old March 2nd, 2015, 06:18 PM
cellulararrest
Chris Snyder
1994 D90 #614 | '07 L322 SC

Quote:
Originally Posted by d90boy View Post
sadly not a joke.
not business partners with them either. remember i am just a guy with fancy pants.
Keith, have a full length drop curtain in that truck? World of difference. Did that years ago - Great purchase.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Build-up's, Projects & Registry Profiles > Smaller Projects