Defender Source Forum banner

Lower door seals

5K views 13 replies 8 participants last post by  kurtisblo 
#1 ·
My truck does not have any lower door sill seals. The rest of the door seals are brand-new. My truck is a 1991 row defender. I'm considering trying to find something that would simply adhere to the door or the sill. I would prefer not to rivet or screw anything through the door or body. Any recommendations on materials? Thoughts?

#6 ·
Drilling holes into steel is definitely a no no. But these seals look better than the traditional set up.
It has me wondering about double sided 3M tape or goop an adhesive I found in my local hardware store that can bone seemingly anything to metal.

#8 ·
I added these new seals to my 2009 Puma Doors. (the new seals came out in 2011 I think) If I recall, most holes line up other than 2 or 3, so I drilled new ones before the doors went for paint.

No matter what, you will have to drill up the side of the door for the top portion to be clipped in. Also, bear in mind the seals are made to fit a door with rounded corners, not square like the older style pre-Puma doors.

Attachments

#12 ·
Well I installed some 3M "D" foam weatherstripping. I wiped down well w rubbing alcohol and it seems to stick nicely. The seal appears to be pretty darn good but haven't tested it yet. I'll let you know how it performs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#13 ·
Well I installed some 3M "D" foam weatherstripping. I wiped down well w rubbing alcohol and it seems to stick nicely. The seal appears to be pretty darn good but haven't tested it yet. I'll let you know how it performs. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
looks pretty damn good. Will that stuff hold moisture? That was the problem I had so I removed it and been living with cool breezes since.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.