Limb riser mount tabs for new style Hannibal - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Build-up's, Projects & Registry Profiles > Smaller Projects

Old July 26th, 2007, 09:35 PM
LenB
Len Bruffett
NAS '97 ST /SW-POE Config

Registry
Limb riser mount tabs for new style Hannibal

I previously attached my limb risers to clamps on the "A" piller roll cage hoop. When I installed the Hannibal Rack on my truck I designed a new way to hook my limb risers to the truck. The hannibal has a massive extruded aluminum outter frame. It has a channel in the top of the frame that allows you to drop in a small bolt (inverted) then attach items to the bolts. This is how the rack's side rails atttach to the main frame. Rather than simply drilling a hole through the front of the extrusion and installing an eye bolt I designed and made some simple tabs out of stainless plate, put a slight downward bend (toward the front bumper) and bolted them in. I also had to rebuild my limb risers with 5" of addtional cable length to accomodate the higher height of the rack. Now the younger tree limbs we regularly encounter on some of the tight narrow tracks in the Sierras will slide off of the top of my rack and not put dings in my roof!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	tab1.jpg
Views:	137
Size:	66.9 KB
ID:	9886   Click image for larger version

Name:	tab2.jpg
Views:	134
Size:	77.7 KB
ID:	9887  

Click image for larger version

Name:	tab3.jpg
Views:	152
Size:	102.9 KB
ID:	9888   Click image for larger version

Name:	tab4.jpg
Views:	171
Size:	133.9 KB
ID:	9889  

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old July 27th, 2007, 09:18 AM
brn24whl
Eric
1994 RRC SWB

Registry
Len
That looks GREAT hopefully you can sell a few. I know I need to put an order together soon of stuff I need from you.

Now back to beating my paint guy to get some panels back for the project.

Cheers
Eric
Direct Line 518-539-2231

If ordering on our online site please choose me as the sales rep. If placing a phone order please call me directly at the numbers above.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old July 27th, 2007, 09:56 AM
LenB
Len Bruffett
NAS '97 ST /SW-POE Config

Registry
Thanks for the complement. I guess I could offer the tabs as well as additional stansions that support the side rails ( as I made to provide equipment attachment points). My rack came from AB - via ebemotors. The rack is great - it is super lightweight (90 lbs), is super strong, and has a very low profile to allow me into the tight trails we frequent. I have sourced some 5-bar tread plate out of LA so my next project for the rack is to put together (probably a 3 panel sectional) floor. Even though my original plans of mounting it on SD Safari rack supports craped out it is still going to work great. Last week I carried my sons standard sized bed over to his house - it dropped right onto the rack (with the rails attached) like it was made for it! I may not leave the side rails on the rack (for even a lower profile) but they have come in handy for additional feel good security.

Len

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Build-up's, Projects & Registry Profiles > Smaller Projects

Tags
mount, nib