Limb Riser Installation - Page 2 - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Build-up's, Projects & Registry Profiles > Smaller Projects

Old September 28th, 2013, 10:57 AM
TeriAnn
Teriann Wakeman
1960 Dormobile

Registry
The Camel trophy D110s have spring loaded limb raisers. The purpose of the springs is to take up the initial shock of the strike instead of transferring the force directly to the wire mounts.

When I made up a set I went to West Marine and used sail boat rigging stainless steel wires & fittings.

These are old low quality pictures but the spring is located at the bottom on the limb riser wires:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old September 28th, 2013, 11:18 AM
Bill Larson
Bill Larson
97 D90 SW

I've seen similar setups with the spring. I went wheeling last weekend and must have ripped up four trees...it didn't stress out my risers as far as i could tell, and I did a thorough inspection. I was curious on how taught the cables should be...mine are tight and they worked fine. The springs seem like a good idea but I'm not sure...
Old September 28th, 2013, 11:29 AM
Manimal
Carl Jonsson
1995 NAS D90 #219
Site Team

In theory that sounds great but in practice I have found they don't do much of anything. Those particular draw-springs are weak & sloppy. I bough a set but ended up returning them. There shouldn't be too much "shock" to speak of unless you're driving through thick brush at high speeds. The thin flexible branches usually absorb most of the impact anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeriAnn View Post
The Camel trophy D110s have spring loaded limb raisers. The purpose of the springs is to take up the initial shock of the strike instead of transferring the force directly to the wire mounts. When I made up a set I went to West Marine and used sail boat rigging stainless steel wires & fittings. These are old low quality pictures but the spring is located at the bottom on the limb riser wires:
Advertisement

Old September 28th, 2013, 01:01 PM
maleger
Marc-Andre Leger
94D90 CDN#18 http://rover.leger.ca

Registry
I made mine with a drying line and some cable splices. I replace the font screws of the 1/4 plate protector with a eye bolt and put the other end on the roll cage. I used a cable tentionner to tighten up the whole thing and some grip tite on the screwa to keep them tight. If you have to tool to compress the cable ties, the most expensive thing is the cable tentionner (Home Depot). Costs about 10$ to do. A lot cheaper than a windshield.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Build-up's, Projects & Registry Profiles > Smaller Projects

Tags
installation