License Plate LED Lamp & Rear Fog Lamp Install - Page 2 - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Build-up's, Projects & Registry Profiles > Smaller Projects

Old December 5th, 2007, 10:42 AM
Stmpede
Andrew Najarian
'93 NAS D110 #43

LOL, I can't believe they specifically require a dummy light on the dash & specify the color for it too!
Advertisement

Old December 5th, 2007, 03:46 PM
mpsteil
Michael Steil
NAS 110#23,97 ST#665

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stmpede
LOL, I can't believe they specifically require a dummy light on the dash & specify the color for it too!
Welcome to California. I have a work truck I brought in to my local shop to have a smog done. Truck passed no problem and all was good. I did not see I was supposed to go to a smog only station and not a repair station. Even though it passed with no problem I now have to go to a state referee(a one hour trip) to have the truck looked at before I go to a smog only station. All this because it wen through the wrong smog station even though it passed. Oh well, at least it doesnt snow here and it is blue sky and 68 degrees right now and a 3 bedroom 2 bath house that needs work is 1.5 million. I love it here. MIke
Old December 7th, 2007, 08:47 AM
dmarchand
David Marchand
'97 D90 SW Arles

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by LenB
Thanks for the info and compliments - I had a feeling that's where it should be located - since the rear fog lamp on our audi is on the drivers side. - I was just taking advantage of the nice little bracket on the bumper. I should probably fab up a small simple bracket and attach it to the base of my rear ladder mount off of the rear cross member.
Problem with the ladder mount is you'll inevitably kick it by accident. I initially had mine on a bracket on the ladder. I decided the best place for me was on the body.

http://www.pbase.com/dmarchand/image...519/medium.jpg
http://www.vtxs.org/tvtx/day2/images/_w5w4905.jpg

The dash light is an easy one.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old December 7th, 2007, 09:34 AM
Bowtracer
Peter Sherman
NAS 110

pull the reverse light move it to the other side & mount the fog where the reverse light was
I have not had coffee yet>>>>>>>>
Old December 16th, 2007, 08:54 PM
LenB
Len Bruffett
NAS '97 ST /SW-POE Config

Registry
I am Compliant!

I have moved my rear fog lamp to the left side of the truck - It turns out that there is a single factory square nut with M10 threads welded to the bottom of the rear cross member of my '97 - just where I wanted to put the light. I made a simple bracket and bolted it in place. The lamps sits up just underneath the step bumper. it is funny I did not see this mount point before - I would have used it in the first place.

Follow-up Post:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowtracer
pull the reverse light move it to the other side & mount the fog where the reverse light was
I have not had coffee yet>>>>>>>>
Thanks for the recommendation -I use to have my reverse / work lamp mounted directly above my license plate. The current location is actually good for what I use it for. I do some night mountian bike riding and having the lamp up higher is easier on the eyes when I load the bike up on a rack. Also I get moderately better shadow and depth perseption when reversing at night off road. When the light was lower it was hard to tell if a drop in the road was 5 inches or several hundred feet because the shadow was cast directly in my line of site. ( I have had to make a 2 or 3 point turn in pitch black conditions on more than one of the switchbacks I've gone though in the eastern sierras) With the light up high, shadows are cast downward rather than outward from my line of site.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	finalfoglamp.jpg
Views:	125
Size:	85.4 KB
ID:	11394  

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Build-up's, Projects & Registry Profiles > Smaller Projects

Tags
lamp, license plate