Defender Source Forum banner

LED third brake light.

Tags
brake ht
5K views 15 replies 11 participants last post by  thpsmr 
#1 · (Edited)
What do you guys think? I took a universal LED third brake light and made an aluminum housing for it and mounted it to one of Stephen's aluminum third brake light bracket. Let me your thoughts.

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
I made a bracket that mounts to the spare tire carrier using the same bolt pattern. Then there is a bracket that sides into that bracket and uses a trailer hatch lock to secure it. The rotox gas cans mount to that bracket.

Attachments

#6 ·
I am liking both mods. That gas tank setup is sweet. When I get a momment I want to mod a custom bike rack doing the same thing - having a hitch mount welded on a plate that goes on the tire rack. I will be looking at your pics when I do it to get a better idea on it.

BTW, how do you like the wheels? Looks like you have them bead-locked too.

#7 ·
Don- I can take some more pics of the plate if you need them? Making a bike rack mount was the original idea from the start, but I just haven't found a mount that I wanted to cut up to make the mount. I figured that with the hitch mount it's kind of universal and went from there. The gas can mount was by accident. It was originally mount to the side of the spare tire carrier, but had a hell of a time getting to the latch if I wasn't paying attention or had something in my hand. Now I love this set up.

Yeah the wheels can be made into true bead-locks. There is a ring that sandwiches the tire on the face of the rim. I have the rings, but had a offroad shop install them and they cracked two of the rings. So I took them off and need to replace them when the funds become available. Other than that I love them!

I'm still playing with the third brake light. I might try to get the light to sit more flush with the house by removing the plastic housing and changing how it mount inside. Also I'm going to talk to Clay about making a few of them and bolt them up to his third brake light bars. I'm just gauging the interest before I start making them.

#11 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.