JW Speaker versus Hella H4 look - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Build-up's, Projects & Registry Profiles > Smaller Projects

Old April 14th, 2013, 10:50 AM
jcb-memphis
Jeff B.
None

JW Speaker versus Hella H4 look

Just an fyi. Decided to go with JW Speaker LED lights as the output and lack of burning out was appealing to me (10-15y estimated life if used DD). As I plan to use the truck every day and the armor and such, so not worrying about things burning out AND having better light was appealing.

They aren't cheap. Oates is still in build, so I cannot show you light shots...youtube has a ton of comparison videos on these and the Truck Lite LED's.

For issues with snow...

http://www.jk-forum.com/jk-electrica...itions-264395/

My plan is to leave my Hella Halogen aux lights on board and use them in blizzards as needed. IF this turns out to be a real option, I'll go back to H4's and probably sell these to a person in a warmer climate on the cheap at a good price.

Also added xPel 7" pre-cut film protection as given the cost of these I think having the film in place is cheap insurance.....will be putting a light guard up front, but small rocks will happen and xPel is good stuff in my experience. Frankly, I'd recommend the xPel as a great option for anyone...on any decent light.

These are the black lights...clearly the chrome ones (more Harley Davidson) may look more OEM....I am sure they will look amazing face to face, but my brain sort of like the older look a lot and the black look might not be for everyone. I was trying to be less flashy, not LA ish as the other recent thread had....and this may actually have change the look more than I anticipated - getting more attention.

Best price I could find was at:

http://www.discountfleetsupply.com/jws0547331-p.html

Fast shipping. No instructions came per Dale (RVR Barn)..fyi. Possibly not the ideal end user supplier but 100 less for a set than anyone else.

Has anyone else put these in their defenders? Any issues (flicker, snow?)?

Jeff
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	frontal 04122013.jpg
Views:	758
Size:	104.5 KB
ID:	70120  
110 hybrid (from a 90) NAS Defender "Oates" #1597
2002 D2 SE "Very Disco" (sold)
1993 RRC LWB "The Beast" (sold)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old April 14th, 2013, 10:57 AM
MUDSUX
Forrest
Like my Tatas?

Registry
Hey Jeff,

Off topic but what size electric fan you got there on the radiator?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"It is the soldier, who salutes the flag, who serves beneath the flag, and whose coffin is draped by the flag that allows the protester to burn the flag"
Old April 14th, 2013, 12:01 PM
navydevildoc
Neill Thornton
1984 D90 300 Tdi / 1965 Series IIA
Site Team

Registry
Josh (crash303) has them on his '97, and as far as I know they have been great. He has the black ones too.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old April 14th, 2013, 02:45 PM
jcb-memphis
Jeff B.
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUDSUX View Post
Hey Jeff,

Off topic but what size electric fan you got there on the radiator?
PM'd you. Short version is it is in build, not sure. That is for the A/C.

Sorry for the typos in post one everyone......
Old April 14th, 2013, 03:50 PM
jcb-memphis
Jeff B.
None

Got the xPel's here. Shipped same day I think. I have nothing to do with them....figured a <20$ investment to cover the LED lights is a good use of funds....

http://www.sharphid.com/product_p/xpelhlps7r.htm
Old April 14th, 2013, 04:34 PM
rovertrader
Dale
Tithonus 110, D-90, 109 S/T 5-door

Forrest- that is the stock condenser fan for the a/c, and running stock fan/fan clutch w/ cowl for the 300...

Old April 14th, 2013, 05:00 PM
MUDSUX
Forrest
Like my Tatas?

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by rovertrader View Post
Forrest- that is the stock condenser fan for the a/c, and running stock fan/fan clutch w/ cowl for the 300...
Thanks dale but I don't have a/c or a condensor fan on my truck. What is the diameter and depth of the fan unit please? No worries if everything is already buttoned up.

"It is the soldier, who salutes the flag, who serves beneath the flag, and whose coffin is draped by the flag that allows the protester to burn the flag"
Old April 14th, 2013, 05:08 PM
jcb-memphis
Jeff B.
None

Until Dale answers, I just copied the picture and drew some paint objects for the lights and the fan. The lights are 7" and the fan is just under 1.5 light diameters...so my guess is 10". Based on just the picture.

Jeff

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Build-up's, Projects & Registry Profiles > Smaller Projects