Just ordered my 300TDI - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Build-up's, Projects & Registry Profiles > Smaller Projects

Old November 28th, 2011, 04:49 PM
red64chevelle
Daniel Smith
86 110 300TDI,16 Disco Sport

Registry
Just ordered my 300TDI

So, I bit the bullet and ordered a 300TDI/R380 setup from LandRoverImport. I am just going to keep my fingers crossed until it gets here.

I'll post pictures when it arrives.

-Dan
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old November 28th, 2011, 08:57 PM
killahaas
Dylan Haas
none for now!

congrats! i am looking to buy a 200 tdi from them, how was it dealing with them?
Old November 28th, 2011, 09:18 PM
red64chevelle
Daniel Smith

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by killahaas View Post
congrats! i am looking to buy a 200 tdi from them, how was it dealing with them?
So far, so good. I feel kinda like a guiny (sp) pig, but I will let you know how it works out.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old November 28th, 2011, 09:53 PM
killahaas
Dylan Haas
none for now!

alright goodluck! did they tell you how long it will be til it arrives?
Old November 29th, 2011, 10:56 AM
red64chevelle
Daniel Smith

Registry
He said the tranny is on order, but he has the engine, rebuid kit, intercooler, cross-member, etc on hand.
Old November 29th, 2011, 03:37 PM
Overlander
mark kellgren
in between D's in an 04 D2

Registry
replace all your fuel lines with Viton while it's easy, so you are Biodiesel ready! That includes at the tank and to the lift pump, and return lines.

Oh yeah, don't forget a pre-filter/seperator.
Old November 29th, 2011, 04:02 PM
red64chevelle
Daniel Smith

Registry
Thanks for the heas up. I was planning on using Goodyears fuel injection hose. It has a plastic liner so you can run B100. I plan on making a two tank grease kitt so I can run WVO like I did in my mk1 Jetta and still do on my TDI Beetle.
Old November 29th, 2011, 04:30 PM
nathanwind
Jason Lavender
88-90-127-LR3
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overlander View Post
replace all your fuel lines with Viton while it's easy, so you are Biodiesel ready! That includes at the tank and to the lift pump, and return lines.

Oh yeah, don't forget a pre-filter/seperator.
You can run B20 in a Tdi with no issues though, correct? It's just B100 that would require updates/changes?
'94 90 NAS #324
'06 LR3 HSE

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

(10% discount for DSource members, use coupon code "D90")

Old December 25th, 2011, 08:13 PM
dogbite
Paul D
95 D90 ST & SW

Registry
Just my opinion.... But Duncan Goodchild of landroverimport is very a shady guy....and I will never deal with him again. I purchase my 300 Tdi from him and it took him 8 months to send me a engine that had a destroyed injection pump. He told me it was coming from Vancouver BC and in fact that was BS, it came from england on the super slow boat.... And might have even been towed threw the water behind the boat, because it was in such bad shape! the gear box he sent was full of UK mud and unusable... The t case he sent me was also shot, and after I finally got the engine to run it had so much blow by it was shooting oil out the tail pipe....

Buyer beware....I would gladly tell Duncan to his face how I feel if he would return my calls or emails!! I also know of two other people in my same situation after dealing with Duncan!

Be careful and if you do purchase from him make sure it is threw eBay and paypal so you have a help fighting him when the deal goes south....
Old December 25th, 2011, 08:29 PM
red64chevelle
Daniel Smith

Registry
Thanks for the warning. I'll post pictures when it arrives.

Most engines will run B5-B20 without any problem. For more than that you need viton seals in the injection pump and viton or coated fuel lines.
Old December 26th, 2011, 12:25 AM
Uncle Douglas
Doug Crowther
A defender in every driveway-motto
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by dogbite View Post
Just my opinion.... But Duncan Goodchild of landroverimport is very a shady guy....and I will never deal with him again. I purchase my 300 Tdi from him and it took him 8 months to send me a engine that had a destroyed injection pump. He told me it was coming from Vancouver BC and in fact that was BS, it came from england on the super slow boat.... And might have even been towed threw the water behind the boat, because it was in such bad shape! the gear box he sent was full of UK mud and unusable... The t case he sent me was also shot, and after I finally got the engine to run it had so much blow by it was shooting oil out the tail pipe....

Buyer beware....I would gladly tell Duncan to his face how I feel if he would return my calls or emails!! I also know of two other people in my same situation after dealing with Duncan!

Be careful and if you do purchase from him make sure it is threw eBay and paypal so you have a help fighting him when the deal goes south....

He started years ago with some incredible junk on ebay described as "great condition" not sure what it ever sold for. He got belligerant on this forum a few times with Pendy and others years ago. His ebay seller id has changed a few times which says volumes. Pendy had a customer bring him a freshly done Duncan Goodchild tdi conversion that was in need of a total rebuild/cooked. But that was back when he was buying UK mot failures and selling them to the US and Canada> I don't know anyone who's bought one of his "rebuilt" drivetrain's so can't speak to those. Hopefully Daniel doesn't get hosed by Duncan with this rebuilt engine/trans. His screen name here is RoverNutzz

Total PostsVisitor MessagesGeneral Information
  • Last Activity: January 25th, 2011 11:09 AM

Dividing Creek Imports
Worldwide Vehicle Shipment and Importation Service
Restoration & Modification work

Old December 26th, 2011, 06:32 AM
red64chevelle
Daniel Smith

Registry
The engine I am buying was sold as needing a rebuild, but it had a good bore, and is coming with bearings, gaskets, and pistons. The tranny is rebuilt already (trannys scare me, both kinds).

The posts I read questioned his engine swapping abilities, but it seems everybody got what they ordered.

Hopefully (for me) he had a bad period, and it is all better now.
Old December 26th, 2011, 11:46 AM
dogbite
Paul D
95 D90 ST & SW

Registry
If your engine and other goodies doesn’t show up within a reasonable time (I think you have 2 months with ebay/paypal) I would make a claim... otherwise your screwed. Duncan gave me a 60 day warranty from the time I paid for it… the engine didn’t show up for approx.. 240 days, only 180 days after his warranty ended… HE is a MAJOR SCAMMER and I wish I could have done more to stop him from doing this to people!!!

I did end up with an engine and other stuff as he was supposed to send…. Just way late and in unusable condition…
Old December 26th, 2011, 05:19 PM
Red90
John B.
1991 Defender 90, 200TDI
Site Team

Registry
http://roverlanders.bc.ca/roverforum...pic.php?t=5255
Old December 26th, 2011, 05:23 PM
Skeena river rover
jeroen
1997 300 TDI 110

Hi Daniel,
I have some bad new for you! In Bc he has a very bad name! Here is a post recently from a guy that bought a engine from him. If i where you give him a email! And cancel your order! there are many places that will sell you a GOOD engine not a piece of ......
I hope you can work something out with him.

Good luck!

below the post that i copied from roverlanders.ca

spoonfed
Grease Monkey

Posted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 1:43 pm Post subject: Duncan Goodchild, Landroverimport, rovernutzz
Hi All

I am looking for anyone that has had good and bad experiences with Duncan Goodchild at Landroverimport.
I initially started positive with Duncan but have since realized how he really operates.
Would like to hear your feedback before I commence small court action against him in the UK and launch an investigation on how he is importing vehicles through Canada Customs.

I will reserve my comments publicly until all the facts are gathered so please do not ask me to expand on my experience. if you message me your phone number I can call you to discuss privately. my emails is cng@fivengs.com

Thanks
Chris

------ Follow up post added December 26th, 2011 05:23 PM ------

John just beat me to it
Old January 31st, 2012, 06:18 PM
kpmatt00
Matthew Mozelak
1985 D-90

Registry
Hey Daniel, any update? I have been speaking with LandRoverImport about importing a truck and now I am getting cold feet. The negatives on here def outweight the positives.

Thanks,

Matt
Old January 31st, 2012, 07:28 PM
red64chevelle
Daniel Smith

Registry
It should be showing up in NYC this week or last. I'll post some pictures when I get it. Duncan has been very upright with me so far.
Old January 31st, 2012, 08:59 PM
kpmatt00
Matthew Mozelak
1985 D-90

Registry
OK good to hear, Hope it shows up soon.
Old February 10th, 2012, 11:32 AM
Naplm00
Matthew
1983 110 200tdi 3 door soft top

I just finished up my 200tdi project with an engine from LR import. Overall it was positive, there were a few small issues but the motor runs well.

The shipping company were asses and was the broker.
Old February 10th, 2012, 11:41 AM
red64chevelle
Daniel Smith

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naplm00 View Post
I just finished up my 200tdi project with an engine from LR import. Overall it was positive, there were a few small issues but the motor runs well.

The shipping company were asses and was the broker.
The broker has been so/so. They could improve a lot in communications. The shipment has finally passed US/NY customs, but lil Rhode Island customs wants to take a peek now.

Hopefully soonish.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Build-up's, Projects & Registry Profiles > Smaller Projects

Tags
300tdi, tdi