Install Aluminium Dash Cowl from Safari HP - Page 2 - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Build-up's, Projects & Registry Profiles > Smaller Projects

Old August 6th, 2015, 11:55 PM
JimC
Jim Cheney
NAS 110 #145
Site Team

Registry
This should be considered an essential upgrade for basically any defender. I just finished installing one last weekend and the difference is remarkable. Not only does it look better, but it provides a stable mount for your heater controls which makes them work much easier and without the feeling that you're ripping the dash apart when you try to move the settings.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-606117948.jpg
Views:	181
Size:	501.8 KB
ID:	126661   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-566559186.jpg
Views:	189
Size:	461.2 KB
ID:	126662  

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old August 7th, 2015, 07:34 AM
SafariHP
Safari Heritage Parts
1983 Defender 110

Jim we're glad you appreciate the dash cowl. We've now sold nearly 600 units world wide and have never had a complaint.

Thanks for the plug man.

2450 North Forsyth Rd
Winter Park, FL
(407)517-4983

Old August 7th, 2015, 12:43 PM
JimC
Jim Cheney
NAS 110 #145
Site Team

Registry
No thanks necessary. You've been selling them forever and I've always been like "who breaks that? This problem doesn't need solving." But then I spent more time thinking about the fact that I'm never happy with the alignment of all the dashes I've seen and mounting everything to a plastic base is not a good start. When I someday get back to the states, my other two rovers are getting these.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old August 7th, 2015, 01:06 PM
waveridin1959
Brian Jones
1995 D-90 ST #2892

Registry
I finally did this late last year. Do not understand why I waited so long. This and a VDO temp gauge.

“Human sacrifice, dogs and cats living together… mass hysteria!”
Old September 25th, 2016, 08:50 AM
BayouBeastie
Corky Jones
97 D90 LE ST Conversion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rufus View Post
------ Follow up post added March 19th, 2015 05:37 PM ------

Thanks Jackie Treehorn but unfortunately it never disconnected from the binnacle end.....

"Cowboy Neal at the wheel of the bus to never ever land"
First off how many in this group know that song lyric (I do)? Did you happen to see Dead and Co at Fenway this summer (I did)?

Also, I wanted to see if you got the speedo issue straightened out (old post so you probably have) and what the problem was.

Also, I was having trouble seeing in the pictures - did you replace the piece that holds the gauges or just the piece that holds the piece that holds the gauges (cowling)?

Thanks a bunch

Corky

"Can't talk to you without talking to me."
Old January 2nd, 2017, 09:29 PM
Rufus
Rufus
1994 NAS D90 ST #1118

Registry
Corky - sorry! I'm months late getting back to you because I'm just seeing your questions now...when I dug up this old thread....(to shoot to a buddy who is going to to this install - his OEM plastic cowl broke and he is going to order one up from Stephen at Safari HP)

happy to help, if you still need it

Yes - I was at Fenway last summer

"Been talking alot about less and less"..

D90 Yahoo Group member since 2001
Old February 8th, 2017, 08:09 AM
forrestgump
Steven Pattyn

Damn... to dificult for me..

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Build-up's, Projects & Registry Profiles > Smaller Projects

Tags
dash