Defender Source Forum banner

Illumination of the Heritage marque

1K views 10 replies 3 participants last post by  LenB 
#1 · (Edited)
To take my NAS D90 into the 21st century I installed a small led lamp to illuminate the vintage land rover badge installed on my grill...even with the badge I am sure I will still get complements on my Jeep.

Attachments

See less See more
#5 ·
#9 · (Edited)
Hi Jim - Those lights are re purposed NiteRider mountain bike lights. But they have been mildly customized. instead of using halogen lamps I installed LED lamps with the same form/fit as the halogen lamps. Each lamp has the output equivalent to 20 watts. (but only draw 3 amps of power.) I use the bumper mounted lights as daytime running lights, ( they are very bright) I also have 6 Dual beam NiteRider lamps installed on my roof rack and as interior lights for the load space. The rack mounted lamps are very good work lamps. But I also use them for night driving on narrow roads. (it lets me see just how close I am getting to rocks, tress, edges of cliffs, etc). I have one mounted at the rear of the truck which is tied into my backup lights - so I have good lighting when backing up. I sourced the NiteRider lamps on eBay over a year ago - I bought 8 dual beam lights and 5 single beam lights and was able get most of them for $10 to $15 each - I got a couple for $2.50 each. The units are weather proof and seem to be holding quite well. I used the niterider mounting components to attach the lamps to simple brackets I fabricated. If you want to do the same I'd be glad to fabricate the brackets for you.

I attached a couple pics for you - the lamps in the bumper are single beam units - the ones on the roof rack are dual beam units. I also attached a pic of the lights turned on... the sun just went down.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.