Hurculiner on the insides - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Build-up's, Projects & Registry Profiles > Smaller Projects

Join the Defender Source Community Today

Old October 21st, 2006, 11:46 AM
Paul / Boultbee
1994 D-90, Green #1576
Hurculiner on the insides

Building off of Bucks post on Interior ideas. Love the clean look of the liner.
POSTED: Buck - can you flip to the thread on small projects - i want to start one on your 2 thick coats of Hurculiner addition. The pix looks great and I want to know how to do it. The way the screws pop out as uncoated is nice. Did you go stainless inside as well?

What do you do? How do you do it.

Old October 21st, 2006, 12:32 PM
Re-Fendered 90
Hey Paul,

My boss lives in Thousand Oaks. Really nice area!

On this project, there is really nothing to it. You start by removing all your old hardware. You don't have to dissasemble anything except all the areas you don't want painted and the floor boards. Then get a good wire wheel and a grinder or drill and start in. Don't go to bare metal, just rough everything up. THen apply two thick coates of Hurculiner to everything. You will end up using a brush more than a roller just because of all the corners. Get a bunch of brushes, and be aware that the stuff gets everywhere and is very messy.

At this point, just let dry and then re-assemble with the ss hardware. You can get the hardware at ACE or a bolt shop. I don't know where near you. Thats it. Pretty easy. The back turned out well too. Good luck, hope you like it.

One FYI: I am a CB and you do get what you pay for. This is not as good as Line X or Rhyno. It will accasionally scrape off. I am still good after 2 years but will need to retouch it probably in another year. Also, there is no real sound dampening. Basically, it looks good and hides scratches.
2009 King of the Hammers

BUCK Wild Racing
Driver: Me
Co-driver: Pat Quirk
Team 911

Rover Tracks
DJ Safety
West Coast Rovers
Reel Driveline

Made it further than half of the other guys, but the Hammers won.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Build-up's, Projects & Registry Profiles > Smaller Projects