help with brake light - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Build-up's, Projects & Registry Profiles > Smaller Projects

Join the Defender Source Community Today

Old February 19th, 2008, 09:37 PM
Amit Likhyani
95 D90 Soft Top Estoril Blue 6.2 LS
help with brake light

I am the latest to get screwed over by Safari Gard. I bought one of their rear tire carriers and never received the brake light kit or rear door handle. I got the main assembly and was able to get a bump stop and correct spacers and bolts out of them so I almost feel lucky. I am going to dispute the brake light adapter with my credit card company as it was a separate transaction.

Anyway, has anyone fabbed their own brake light kit? Any suggestions?

They were supposed to send an extension on the rear door handle so you can open the rear door with the gas cans in place. Is there way to put a new handle on the cylinder as opposed to drilling into the factory one since I am on my own anyway for this piece?

Old February 20th, 2008, 09:02 AM
95 Range Rover Classic
i think that is basically all you do is extend the existing, maybe with a little bend. i had on on one of my 90's and i think that is all it is. something you can adapt pretty easily. good luck.

Old February 20th, 2008, 10:28 AM
Len Bruffett
NAS '97 ST /SW-POE Config
I was thinking of fabbing up a 3rd brake light kit to replace the factory units on a ST. I was going to look into DOT approved LEDs. If you find one of the appropriate size (probably close to the length of the stock unit) and show me where you want to install it I can likely build you a nice case/mounting bracket.
Go to my products section of my site to see the type of hardware I fabricate.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Build-up's, Projects & Registry Profiles > Smaller Projects

brake, ht