Defender Source Forum banner

Head gasket and other misc crap

Tags
gas
829 views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  ranewman 
#1 ·
I knew the truck had a head gasket issue when I got it. Now its time to change it. I found no coolant in the oil, but a TON of oil in the coolant. This is just going to be too much fun to flush (any input is welcome). The head set has arrived, along with all new hoses, and a timing belt.
The truck is in solid condition, frame and bulkhead both in great shape. It came with replacement middle doors, some spare parts, and a shop manual. All in all real pleased...so far. I am going to keep the 2.5, and will enjoy pissing people off taking a stroll down Rt 20 during rush hour.
While I have it apart, I'm thinking a block heater, and upgrade the glo plugs. Then comes some wiring and replace the current glass fuse panel with a blade type one.
Down the line I see a color change coming. Right now, it looks like the UN has taken up station in the garage....3 Rovers in there....all white!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.