GO-90 window felt replacement on ST door tops - Page 3 - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Build-up's, Projects & Registry Profiles > Smaller Projects

Join the Defender Source Community Today

Old December 22nd, 2015, 08:03 PM
Paul S.
1997 NAS BRG Soft-Top
D-90 Source Vendor
Originally Posted by Grover View Post
What is the need to remove the door tops to install the track seals?
For one, its to be able to let the GooGone soak so you can easily remove all the old residue and inspect the channels. We've done a bunch off these and are constantly rotating the frames around to get a better angles to work with. You can see all that is involved in our installation videos http://www.youtube.com/garrisonoutfitters

Old February 24th, 2016, 12:04 PM
Birmabright Bread Box/Swagger Wagon
Originally Posted by proulx70 View Post
Just to clarify, Phillip is referring to the Rear Sliding Windows.

Phillip, regarding the rivets, I posted this in another forum... they are the OEM style rivets in the kit.
where to source side window felt - Page 2 - Defender Source

I will look into your comments about the heads being too big.

------ Follow up post added March 25th, 2012 04:37 AM ------

I will look into why these rivets are breaking off before being tight enough. This bothers me, as these are OEM quality rivets matched exactly to ones purchased both from Rovers North and my local dealer. (See post above regarding the rivets in the rear sliding windows)

I had the same issues. The rivets broke before tightening up. I spent more time removing the busted rivets than the felt install. I gave up on the rivets and used SS machine screws. This way, I can easily disassemble if needed.

LR3 sidesteps with rocker panels for sale $400

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Build-up's, Projects & Registry Profiles > Smaller Projects

90, ac, door, door tops, felt, window