FEELER: ST/HT Conversion? - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Build-up's, Projects & Registry Profiles > Smaller Projects

Old January 4th, 2013, 08:55 PM
curry
brandon curry
Series 1 and 110.

Registry
FEELER: ST/HT Conversion?

I'm tossing around the idea of converting my hard top to a soft top. Curious if anybody with a soft top is looking to convert to a hard top. Maybe our two wrongs could make a right. If there's a market out there to swap parts and co-op on labor, then why the heck not?

*I'd be looking for a NAS soft top setup. My top is in great shape and I'd be hoping to trade for one in equivalent condition. Alpine white is a plus too.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old January 5th, 2013, 05:40 AM
junkyddog11
oil soaked filter
95 RRC 300tdi

After having seen a few people struggle with this (and having to do the work) I'd strongly suggest that if you want an ST, sell the SW and buy one that came that way. You will save money, time (which to some has value) and aggravation and in the end will have a better ride.

That said, I have all the parts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
new expansion complete. Not only are we the only Rover shop in Eliot Maine...now we're also the biggest.

"Dedicated to the resurrection of junk through engineering?"
Old January 5th, 2013, 10:17 AM
rijosho
Joshua
1995 Black ST - Rhinolined edition
Research Assistant/Eagle Eyes

Registry
You did all that work on your SW and now you want it to be a ST? That makes no sense! x2 what Matt said above. Buy a nice white 1997 ST.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old January 5th, 2013, 10:26 AM
curry
brandon curry
Series 1 and 110.

Registry
What can I say, I'm a nonsensical guy that just wants to feel the wind in my beard. Maybe I'll grab an old IIA for summer instead.
Old January 5th, 2013, 11:12 AM
wantone
Rick Thompson
94 ST #1222

Registry
Have a shop build a cage for you to the NAS size, the have an interior shop make up some foam cloth wrapped covers, kind of like on a, cough, jeep.... Of course if you dont mind it being not oem, but would be fun for summer. Just a thought
Old January 6th, 2013, 05:03 AM
junkyddog11
oil soaked filter
95 RRC 300tdi

The doors seem to be a hangup in particular. Hard to justify having two sets of them....then there is the tire carrier bit.....it just goes on and on.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
new expansion complete. Not only are we the only Rover shop in Eliot Maine...now we're also the biggest.

"Dedicated to the resurrection of junk through engineering?"
Old January 6th, 2013, 10:05 AM
dave_lucas
Dave Lucas
None

If you do it I would keep the front doors, the SW doors seal better and you would not have to worry about painting them or matching the paint. You would have to swap out the rear door but a fold down or swingout can be had for not too much money and I would assume that would be part of the trade since the other person would want the rear SW door.

Too bad you did not post this a month or two ago, I was looking to do a swap from ST to SW but I already purchased the sides and roof

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Build-up's, Projects & Registry Profiles > Smaller Projects

Tags
conversion, ht