Exmoor Trim MeshTop-UV - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Build-up's, Projects & Registry Profiles > Smaller Projects

Old July 6th, 2013, 03:34 PM
navydevildoc
Neill Thornton
1984 D90 300 Tdi / 1965 Series IIA
Site Team

Registry
Exmoor Trim MeshTop-UV

Just ordered an Exmoor Trim MeshTop full kit from the UK... should be the perfect thing for Sunny San Diego.

I will say this... Exmoor needs to get their shit together when it comes to ordering. Exmoor Trim USA (who I understand is separate) didn't have a working website for over a week, but then I found out they don't import any ROW products. Lost opportunity there, we all know there are a lot of ROW trucks already here. It was suggested to just use the NAS version, but the header rail up front and the tub snap rail are totally different.

So I had to use a "stockist" in the UK. Unfortunately they all seem to use the same broken web store platform that I am guessing Exmoor gives them. While many of them have the mesh tops as a "new item" on their home page, if you click on it on all the stores but one I get "Product not found".

One place, Nene Overland, actually had their site working and so they got the business. I was not about to spend a night calling the UK to try and track this crap down. It's the 21st century, it shouldn't be this difficult.

OK, rant over. Order came to just over $300 for the complete kit, but I don't know what shipping is yet... and then the wait begins!

Once it shows up I'll post pictures!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old July 6th, 2013, 04:24 PM
down_shift
Russell
94' D90 ST & 06' LR3

Registry
Looks good - is this the top?

Or this one?

http://www.exmoortrim.co.uk/catalogu....html?sef=hcfp
Old July 6th, 2013, 04:27 PM
navydevildoc
Neill Thornton
Site Team

Registry
Yup. that's mostly it... the top near the front is a little different to match up with the hook/ring fasteners above each door, not bungees like that.

Here is what mine will look like...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old August 9th, 2013, 12:18 PM
navydevildoc
Neill Thornton
Site Team

Registry
Update... Sarah out at Nene Overland in the UK e-mailed me the tracking information for my top, and it was actually out for delivery yesterday!

FedEx tried to deliver but required a signature... but in a rather unusual show of great customer service the dispatcher called me to arrange a meet-up since she saw it was an international shipment. I was able to pick it up last night with no problem.

I haven't opened the box yet, but it was certainly much lighter than I thought it would be! I plan to install it later today.

Old August 9th, 2013, 04:28 PM
navydevildoc
Neill Thornton
Site Team

Registry
Some quick pics from the phone.....
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2355357445.jpg
Views:	126
Size:	439.9 KB
ID:	77279   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3980440008.jpg
Views:	112
Size:	449.4 KB
ID:	77280  

Name:	image-244455716.jpg
Views:	124
Size:	413.9 KB
ID:	77281   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1098840517.jpg
Views:	123
Size:	430.5 KB
ID:	77282  

Name:	image-2057152253.jpg
Views:	513
Size:	435.2 KB
ID:	77283   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1946429818.jpg
Views:	125
Size:	371.5 KB
ID:	77284  

Old August 9th, 2013, 05:00 PM
meatblanket
Mike Simpson
1955 86 1986 ExMOD 110

Registry
I did not know these were available for ROW trucks. I asked about that and it was suggested that I use the NAS version, which also made no sense to me.

Unfortunately for me it doesn't look like these are available in the 110 size.
Old August 9th, 2013, 05:08 PM
navydevildoc
Neill Thornton
Site Team

Registry
Well, a minor hiccup... the sides have a bottom rail that looks like a snap rail for a NAS. While it fits on the rope hook tabs OK, it just seems like a strange setup.

It might be the way it is, I'll write to Exmoor and find out.

Old August 9th, 2013, 05:57 PM
SafariHP
Safari Heritage Parts
1983 Defender 110

We've got Meshtops here...

Old August 9th, 2013, 06:02 PM
meatblanket
Mike Simpson
1955 86 1986 ExMOD 110

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by SafariHP View Post
For ROW (non-NAS) 110?
Old August 9th, 2013, 06:04 PM
navydevildoc
Neill Thornton
Site Team

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by SafariHP View Post
Not for non-NAS trucks.... unless something has changed in the last 4 weeks.

Old May 5th, 2016, 08:23 AM
TD90
Tim
1995 D90 Soft Top

Hi all,

I know this is an old chain, but trying to track down a Rear Roof section NAS Meshtop. Does anyone have one they would be willing to sell or know where to get one? Apparently they are discontinued.

Thanks,
Tim

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Build-up's, Projects & Registry Profiles > Smaller Projects

Tags
exmoor