Defender 110 Station Wagon Seatbelts - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Build-up's, Projects & Registry Profiles > Smaller Projects

Old August 22nd, 2007, 12:04 AM
Shearpin
Henry Stinson
'73 Series III SWB '84 110 tdi

Defender 110 Station Wagon Seatbelts

Good Evening

My 1985 110 station wagon arrived with no seatbelts in the second row of seats. Is it an easy retrofit to put inertia style seatbelts? Does anyone know the part numbers? Does anyone have photos of the install? y Rover has a diamond plate load carrier the brits seem fond of. It isn't clear where the seatbelts mount.....

Thanks,
Henry
www.4x4freedom.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old September 6th, 2007, 11:45 AM
LRover
J. Michael McCaig
D90 ST, LR110, Series IIa, RRC

I used the inertia seatbelts out of a 94-95 discovery in the rear of my '84 110. They fit in the factory locations and bolted in with the hardware from the Disco with no modification. I have a rear bench seat and the belts work perfectly and are the right length. You should have threaded bolt holes for the belts in the floor and in the side walls.

Mike
Old October 20th, 2007, 04:38 PM
diesel_jim
Jamie Austin
1992 110 Td5 CSW & 1989 MB G-Wagen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shearpin
Good Evening

My 1985 110 station wagon arrived with no seatbelts in the second row of seats. Is it an easy retrofit to put inertia style seatbelts? Does anyone know the part numbers? Does anyone have photos of the install? y Rover has a diamond plate load carrier the brits seem fond of. It isn't clear where the seatbelts mount.....

Thanks,
Henry
www.4x4freedom.com
Yeah, everyone here seems to put "chequer plate" (AKA diamond plate) on stuff to cover a multitude of sins.

the seatbelt kits are available, latest part number is BTR304.

PM me your chassis number and i can get more exact numbers.

clicky link to a picture of the parts list and numbers
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old October 21st, 2007, 12:06 AM
Shearpin
Henry Stinson

Jim

Thank you for the reply - my 110 has a galvanized replacement chassis so I am not sure the number will be much help. Is it common practice to stamp the original chassis number on replacements?

The parts manual page you attached appears correct. I located the threaded holes in the roof support but as I mentioned the floors are covered by the diamond plate. I'll take a look underneath and see if I can't drill up through.

I am going to check some local wreckers for Discos - they are far more common here then the Defender/110 partst. Thanks for the suggestion, Mike.

Henry
Old October 21st, 2007, 04:37 AM
diesel_jim
Jamie Austin
1992 110 Td5 CSW & 1989 MB G-Wagen

Hi Henry.

we're "supposed" to stamp the old number into the new chassis, but quite often people don't bother.... it's also a way of hiding the vehicles history (I'm not for a minute suggesting anything untoward on your truck), although i don't suppose people would go to the length (and cost) of a galvanised chassis if they were up to no good!

There should be a couple of studs poking up through the floor either side of the seats for the seatbelt winder to bolt to. i think (off the top of my head) that there is a plate underneath that is replacable, should they be missing.

shout if you need more parts diagrams.

Jamie
Old October 22nd, 2007, 09:20 AM
cgalpin
Charles Galpin
'94 D90 ST, '63 SeriesIIA
Site Team

Registry
Henry if it helps, I can take a photo of the floor mounts on my '84
Old October 22nd, 2007, 02:36 PM
Shearpin
Henry Stinson

Hey, thanks for the offer - photos of the floor would be a big help. I've been under looking but couldn't locate them...

Henry
www.4x4freedom.com
Old October 22nd, 2007, 03:31 PM
cgalpin
Charles Galpin
'94 D90 ST, '63 SeriesIIA
Site Team

Registry
Maybe because they are not there. On my '84, there are shoulder belts for the two outside seats, nothing for the middle seat. The floor padding has some holes cut into it that look like they would be in the right place for middle seat lap belts, but there are no signs of there ever being anything bolted there.

For the shoulder belts, you'll see in the pictures that they mount to a plate that is bolted to the wheel well that suports the seat.

http://lhsw.com/gallery/janeyMiddleRowSeatBelts

hth
charles
p.s. Are your middle doors 2 piece or one btw? Hard to tell from the pictures.
Old October 24th, 2007, 05:01 PM
MonLand
Loic Fabro
95 D90 - 96 Disco -06 LR3

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by cgalpin
Maybe because they are not there. On my '84, there are shoulder belts for the two outside seats, nothing for the middle seat. The floor padding has some holes cut into it that look like they would be in the right place for middle seat lap belts, but there are no signs of there ever being anything bolted there.

For the shoulder belts, you'll see in the pictures that they mount to a plate that is bolted to the wheel well that suports the seat.

http://lhsw.com/gallery/janeyMiddleRowSeatBelts

hth
charles
p.s. Are your middle doors 2 piece or one btw? Hard to tell from the pictures.
I'll try to get you pictures of the inside of a '85 110. Will probably take a few days, though. BTW, did you take a look at the older printed workshop manuals? I'd assume they contain enough details on the mounting of everything, right?
it is not hoarding it is selective collecting
---
MonLand
1995 D90 NAS
1996 Discovery NAS
2006 LR3 NAS (hers, but comfy! :) )

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Build-up's, Projects & Registry Profiles > Smaller Projects

Tags
110, defender 110, seatbelt