Defender Source Forum banner

D90 Sliders w/ Tree bars

Tags
90 d90 slide
7K views 53 replies 26 participants last post by  madcowdungbeetle 
#1 ·
So I finally got around to making some HD 90 sliders with tree bars, I think they turned out pretty well. Can't wait to get them on a truck.

Attachments

See less See more
#5 · (Edited)
Here are the details on these:

Main slider body is 2.00 x 3.00 x 0.25" box section steel.
Tree Bars are 1.50 x 0.120 DOM tubing
The sliders utilize the center 3rd frame mount outriggers (not pictured) that go from the slider to the 3 LT230 frame mounting holes.
These are 100% made in the USA, unlike some of the other light duty sliders available out there.

I'm waiting to get these back from powder coating and I'll have a final price for them.

#10 ·
So I'm back on these. My apologies to everyone who PM'ed me with interest. I was injured at work 2.5 weeks ago and had part of my finger cut-off, so I've dealing with all the fun that has entailed, and I'm just now getting back to catching up on the rover stuff. These 2 sets are powder coated and I'll be getting some pics together this weekend, and then offering them up for sale.

#11 ·
Here are the finished products, powder-coated and ready to go.

These sliders are intended for those who plan to wheel their Defender hard, doing serious trail work, rock crawling, and tough expedition use.

I'm also working on lower cost, lighter duty, sliders for those who want a solid slider, that is of higher quality than the current import offerings, but do not plan to abuse their Defender to a level warranting additional frame outriggers and heavy wall tubing.

Attachments

#22 · (Edited)
These things are so bomber! I'll probably be in for a set of the HD for a 90 just to see if I could possibly love them more than your PDXD's. Would love to see them mounted.

Sorry about your accident. I know it's a bit late, but I hope you're getting on well without whatever's gone and that it's been better with time. I hope you're still able to salute the haters ;-)

#23 ·
Thanks David, I'm on the mend, just a little shorter than I used to be! Fortunately it wasn't that finger so I can handle the haters haha

I wish I had a picture of them mounted on a truck. I really need to find a nice demo truck or someone close by that wants freebies in exchange for use of their truck for design/picture purposes. My truck is less not the prettiest 90 unfortunately.:thumb:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.