D110 middle seat, seat belt install questions - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Build-up's, Projects & Registry Profiles > Smaller Projects

Join the Defender Source Community Today

Old December 17th, 2013, 07:58 PM
1988 RHD 110
D110 middle seat, seat belt install questions

I went about installing retractable seat belts in the middle seat of my 110 this weekend after acquiring inertia seal belts and the original LR seat belt brackets ("for Series and Defenders").

My 110 came with the interior panels that have the bulge next to the door post for the inertial real (about shoulder level as you sit) and a large hole drilled into the interior trim panel for the bolt that holds the seat belt fitting to the bracketand allows the belt to pass through on its way to your shoulder afer leaving the reel.

Anyway I quickly noticed that the steel land rover seat belt bracket that I was installing(forms a 45 between door post and roof line) extends in front of the rear side window and makes it impossible to re-install the interior panel (cause it surrounds the window). Also I notice that the pre-drilled hole in the interior panel is about 1.5 inches high and right of the actual bolt that is welded into the bracket. My solution was to cut out a portion of the metal bracket so it does not interfere with the window/interior trim and drill a new hole in the panel for the bolt - I was able to make a gray plastic cover for the original hole.

Anyway this all seems a bit shade-tree considering I'm using all orignal land rover parts. Is there another bracket that I do not know about that provides an anchor for the seat belt hanger without interfering with the window and uses the pre-drill bolt hole in the interior trim panel? I hate getting through a project and feeling like I did a hatchet job.
'88 ROW 110 5-door SOLD
'01 Disco II

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Build-up's, Projects & Registry Profiles > Smaller Projects

110, d110