CO2 bottle install - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Build-up's, Projects & Registry Profiles > Smaller Projects

Join the Defender Source Community Today

Old August 4th, 2008, 10:48 PM
Len Bruffett
NAS '97 ST /SW-POE Config
CO2 bottle install

I just bought and installed a CO2 bottle from "the Source" . it is a 15 lb. bottle- but after it is filled I am sure it will weigh alot. So I looked for one of the lowest locations in the truck so the side to side "momentum loads" out on the trail won't be to high. I don't like drilling holes in my truck ... so far I haven't had to drill any. I always design my hardware to use existing holes and hardware when posible. I haven't used my rear bech seat in sometime so I chose to use the location of one of the seat lock bars on the side of the fender well. I Marked the location of the two holes (used to hold the lock bars) on the back of the bottle bracket. Drilled them out and installed to 5/16" rivetnuts. I used the backing bar and two hardened cap head screws to hold the bottle barket in place. I'll go and test it out this weekend to see how well the install holds up.

I chose an industrial grade regulator that will not freeze over during use with an oil filled rugged guage. I was looking for a simple and reliable solution to re inflate my tires.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	rivetnuts.jpg
Views:	99
Size:	192.5 KB
ID:	14638   Click image for larger version

Name:	bracketinstalled.jpg
Views:	99
Size:	159.1 KB
ID:	14639  

Name:	supportbar.jpg
Views:	101
Size:	98.9 KB
ID:	14640   Click image for larger version

Name:	bottle2.jpg
Views:	110
Size:	129.1 KB
ID:	14641  

Name:	bottle1.jpg
Views:	129
Size:	161.9 KB
ID:	14642  

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Build-up's, Projects & Registry Profiles > Smaller Projects