Caveat Emptor - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Build-up's, Projects & Registry Profiles > Smaller Projects

Old June 19th, 2016, 03:19 PM
KGH
Real Name
#1-'13 110SW,#2-'87 127,#3-'12 LR4

Registry
Caveat Emptor

Bought some items off of Rimmer Bros. The quality of item, manufacture, and instruction is not their fault, but the fact is some parts I bought from the are inferior quality.

Britpart diff guard DA2250B. Attempted install today. Nuts and bolts it came with stripped, and that was using a standard ratchet and a small hex wrench. Crap quality.

Britpart Steering / Sump Guard Steel Defender 1985 On DA2228. Spacer collars are extermely large for bolt. Sloppy tolerances. And on a LHD Puma, one would have to disassemble the grill, aircon, and radiator to get to top panhard rod. Installation instructions are not involved enough to note this when either looking before puchase, or trying to put on the truck. RHD may be easier if radiator hoses not in the way.

My fault for going on the cheap, I guess.

So, Britpart, here's to you! You are the Lucas Electric of my wallet. You are the Land Rover of Land Rover parts. I will ensure I never again buy your items.
Advertisement

Old June 19th, 2016, 03:23 PM
D90Overkill
David Frank
1995 ST #2615

Registry
That sucks. Sorry man.

BritPart: - "BR" and + "SH"
Old June 19th, 2016, 03:33 PM
KGH
Real Name
#1-'13 110SW,#2-'87 127,#3-'12 LR4

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by D90Overkill View Post
That sucks. Sorry man.

BritPart: - "BR" and + "SH"
All part of the learning curve. And now I have firsthand knowledge of SH!TP@RT.
Advertisement

Old June 19th, 2016, 03:46 PM
JimC
Jim Cheney
NAS 110 #145
Site Team

Registry
The nice thing is though that Rimmer Bros lists genuine, OEM, and aftermarket all separately so you can tell what is available and what the relative prices are. Sometimes there is no genuine or OEM option available, but at least you can tell.

Sorry to say it, but Rovers North's policy of obfuscating the source and labeling all non-genuine parts as "proline" is unhelpful.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old June 20th, 2016, 04:27 PM
AdamSanta85
Adam
91' D90 200TDI

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimC View Post
Sorry to say it, but Rovers North's policy of obfuscating the source and labeling all non-genuine parts as "proline" is unhelpful.
I won't buy anything like that from them. As a buyer I want to know what I am paying for.
Old June 20th, 2016, 05:50 PM
ArmyRover
Bill Ski
83 110 "Frankenstein"

I have had some good luck with britpart on a few items. Sorry to hear it all went so far sideways on you

Unknown Author

716-898-8153
Old June 20th, 2016, 08:42 PM
Z.G
Zack
300Tdi 95 D1

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimC View Post
The nice thing is though that Rimmer Bros lists genuine, OEM, and aftermarket all separately so you can tell what is available and what the relative prices are. Sometimes there is no genuine or OEM option available, but at least you can tell.

Honestly too much work to differentiate. Every Rover parts company in the US does it for the most part. Thankfully we take care of customers who are dissatisfied, rather than leaving them SOL on this side of the ocean.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Build-up's, Projects & Registry Profiles > Smaller Projects