Bulkhead Heater Blower Modification - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Build-up's, Projects & Registry Profiles > Smaller Projects

Join the Defender Source Community Today

Old December 21st, 2015, 11:01 AM
Bulkhead Heater Blower Modification

Posting this for anyone researching / considering the bulkhead modification to get more airflow from your heater blower: it really worked well for me. Prior to expanding the size of the hole in the bulkhead I could barely tell when the heat or defrost was running now I get blasted with heat. Not that it has been very cold, but I was driving this weekend when it was 25 degrees out and I did something I have never done in any Rover during winter I turned the fan speed and heat down, it was too hot.
The passenger compartment in my truck warms up faster than my wifes brand new Toyota. I suppose this might not hold true for passengers in the back since the Toyota also blows heat to the second and third rows, but plenty of CFMs and heat for those in the front row of the Rover.

Due to a 2016 New Years Resolution Im blind to all negativity - sorry if I don't get what you're saying.
Old December 21st, 2015, 11:08 AM
mark kellgren
93' NAS 110- #234
yep. big difference for me. what also helps is to upgrade the wiring going to the blower to 14AWG. getting less ohms resistance on old wiring from the heater switch (ground) and the pos lead from fuse panel to blower will help boost an otherwise old and anemic blower motor.

Oh, and check for leaks. Good suspect places for heater air leaks are the mating between bulkhead and blower (now that you've opened it, did you come up with a new gasket?), and demister ducts grommets (big ones that seal the duct where it enters the heater planum chamber).

Mark Kellgren

ISIL and al qaeda can go F*ck themselves...
Old December 21st, 2015, 12:06 PM
72 + D1 drivetrain
Mark's thread on this miracle of heat!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Build-up's, Projects & Registry Profiles > Smaller Projects

heater, mod