bulb question.... - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Build-up's, Projects & Registry Profiles > Smaller Projects

Old March 6th, 2009, 07:51 PM
DonFromWhitby
Don Andrews
'94 NAS D90 #CDN-80, 2011 LR4

Question bulb question....

I was hunting down an issue with my overhead lights, and started to look behind the switches to see if they were the culprit. (Plus my dash dimmer switch had decided to seize up and go into permanent dim mode, so I figured, why not - I'll kill two birds with one stone.)

Anyways, I take the panel off and find a green bulb just siting there... no idea where it's from, it's just hanging neatly coiled and sitting there behind the panel. The previous owner had obviously done this...

Can someone identify where this guy is from? The wires leading to it are black (ground, I assume) and red with a white trace. The bulb is green... I think it may be a bulb for one of the instrument pods, but they all work fine... except when they're dim!

In the picture, the wire is in the lower part, and the bulb is at the bottom right of the pic...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	photo.jpg
Views:	102
Size:	145.6 KB
ID:	18110  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old March 6th, 2009, 07:59 PM
FlaD90
Tom
1994 ST D90
D-90 Source Vendor

This bulb belongs to one of the switch panels on the left or right side of the dash panel.
Example on the left is the temperature settings and the right side is the fan speed controlls....the bulb lights up the front of either panel depending which side its on.

Regards
Old March 6th, 2009, 08:05 PM
DonFromWhitby
Don Andrews
'94 NAS D90 #CDN-80, 2011 LR4

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlaD90
This bulb belongs to one of the switch panels on the left or right side of the dash panel.
Example on the left is the temperature settings and the right side is the fan speed controlls....the bulb lights up the front of either panel depending which side its on.

Regards
Thanks for the reply!

This panel in the pic is the lower left-side panel under the heater controls, so it must be them... Gonna have to dig out the shop manual and see if it's identified in there where to put it back properly...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old March 6th, 2009, 08:17 PM
JimC
Jim Cheney
NAS 110 #145
Site Team

Registry
It goes in a little hole corresponding to the top of the label. The illum from it is poor, so its hard to even tell when its back in the right place.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Build-up's, Projects & Registry Profiles > Smaller Projects