Best place for a subwoofer in nas d90 soft top? - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Build-up's, Projects & Registry Profiles > Smaller Projects

Old April 12th, 2017, 07:23 AM
jkins
john
95 Defender 90 - Beluga

Registry
Best place for a subwoofer in nas d90 soft top?

I have read a few of the older threads on subwoofer placement in a nas d90 soft top w inward facing jump seats but I wanted to see if anyone has more info... what have people done lately?

I would prefer to buy something as building anything is a 6 month job for me!

Does this one sound good? Great? Seems inexpensive but am I getting what I pay for?

https://www.lrisolutions.co.uk/cubby...er-90-110.html

Also looked at the mud one that fits under the cubby box. Thoughts on that solution?

Other ideas?

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old April 12th, 2017, 09:48 AM
CMSgt Bo
Bo
1985 One Ten

I think I would go this route here. It has a small footprint and raises the cubby box so it can be used as an armrest. It's a win-win.

My mechanic told me, "I couldn't repair your brakes, so I made your horn louder."
Old April 13th, 2017, 12:28 AM
sad_story
andre
95' D90

I put them under seats .. 8" woofer driver an passenger side ... the amps under front passenger ... those under seat "boxes" make perfect enclosures when lines with dynmo mat

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old April 13th, 2017, 12:38 AM
KGH
Real Name
#1-'13 110SW,#2-'87 127,#3-'12 LR4

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkins View Post
Does this one sound good? Great? Seems inexpensive but am I getting what I pay for?

https://www.lrisolutions.co.uk/cubby...er-90-110.html

Thanks!
It sounds good. That is the same unit LR put in the Puma with upgraded sound system. I bought one and mounted on the back of my cubby in the 110 Puma. It is not a booming system, but fills in flat spots from the stock Alpine system. The logo is upside down (LR had custom Alpine units with logo placed 180 out).

Any powered sub that fits back of cubby will be similar.

Hopefully you garage this truck, and park safe in daylight. Soft tops cost more than audio equipment, and would hate to get a top slashed for a $150 sub.
Old April 13th, 2017, 12:44 AM
D90Overkill
David Frank
1995 ST #2615

Registry
I'll be experimenting with a couple of ideas. I bought an entire sub system from the boss that fits flush with the top of the center seatbox. It's a custom fabbed steel enclosure that fills the space above the tc. Should be the most stealthy. My other concept is an abs active waterproof 6.5" sub tube (single or double ended) that fits in the gap between the jump seat's vertical braces and the tub wall's radius. Not quite as stealthy, but could be nearly invisible, better sounding/feeling, and indestructible.
Old April 21st, 2017, 05:50 PM
sad_story
andre
95' D90

So I get Tre Doud praise for the sound quality in my truck .. I have 8" woofers under the front seats

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Old April 21st, 2017, 06:15 PM
AdamSanta85
Adam
91' D90 200TDI

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by KGH View Post
It sounds good. That is the same unit LR put in the Puma with upgraded sound system. I bought one and mounted on the back of my cubby in the 110 Puma. It is not a booming system, but fills in flat spots from the stock Alpine system. The logo is upside down (LR had custom Alpine units with logo placed 180 out). Any powered sub that fits back of cubby will be similar. Hopefully you garage this truck, and park safe in daylight. Soft tops cost more than audio
I have the same one. Sounds pretty good. Got it off eBay Japan. I would swap it out for something else if I could find something that fits as nicely. There is a more powerful Kicker one I suspect will work but haven't gotten to try yet.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1224145004.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	308.9 KB
ID:	233777  

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Build-up's, Projects & Registry Profiles > Smaller Projects

Tags
90, ac, d90, nas, soft top, top