any issue having power steering lines rebuilt? - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Build-up's, Projects & Registry Profiles > Smaller Projects

Join the Defender Source Community Today

Old August 7th, 2008, 01:22 PM
Amit Likhyani
95 D90 Soft Top Estoril Blue 6.2 LS
any issue having power steering lines rebuilt?

Rather than buying new ones? I had great luck having my radiator recored with a 5 row core(versus 3 stock). My power steering lines are leaking a little bit in the rubber portion. A Land Rover mechanic I have tremendous respect for said a rebuild is better than new not to mention cheaper and faster than waiting for UPS. Any reason not to?

Old August 7th, 2008, 02:21 PM
Dan Prasada-Rao
1963, 109 Station Wagon
I found it easier to just have a local hydraulics guy make up some new lines for me. My thoughts are the if the old lines are leaking in one spot, the rest of the lining may also be deteriorated. The new lines were all brand new, fit just fine, and in my opinion were better than rebuilt using old lines.

Honestly, I do not understand the theory that rebuilt old hoses are better than new.

Just my opinion.

BTW, they also cost only a fraction of the cost of new one's from the stealership or the other Rover parts houses. I'm talking like 1/5th the cost or less.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Build-up's, Projects & Registry Profiles > Smaller Projects