Defender Source Forum banner

Another 1/10 Scale Rover Build

Tags
4K views 35 replies 14 participants last post by  Wolf Fabrication 
#1 · (Edited)
The next project from Wolf's Micro Garage is a 1/10 scale D90 ST for a D90 Source Member. This build is based on the Gelande D90 kit and will be attempt to be a true NAS D90 ST with NAS ST rear cage, soft top (hopefully), and front A hoop.

This is truly an amazing, high quality kit. Everything is milled aluminum, tight tolerances, well thought out. This kit is more for the casual driver and not for thrashing on the rocks like the Axial SCX-10 kits.

Transmission

Nice milled aluminum chassis pieces

Frame assembled

Frame with tranny installed

Tcase

Transfer case mated to the tranny and mounted.

Nice thick aluminum rear crossmember

Frame pieces nicely packaged.

Front axle. Nice steel reproduction with removable 3rds.

Rear axle.

All the trailing arms, links, and steering rods.

Quality shocks

Rear suspension

Attachments

See less See more
#9 ·
Funny how there is so much detail on that body kit, down to the rivets along the sides, but no vents under the windshield! Throws my eyes off! :) Can't wait to see what you do for the cage!
There are vents under the windshield. On the kit, the whole front of the windshield and below is one piece that's installed later.

Yes, the cage will be a challenge, but I have some ideas.

Attachments

This post has been deleted
#30 ·
Yes. You can drop the shocks down and adjust the springs down to get more lift.

I plan on building a 110 on 35s next.

------ Follow up post added October 31st, 2013 05:45 AM ------

What did you use for the cage?
I used lexan hollow tube. I'd use solid next time. With some heat it bends pretty easily. With the hollow stuff you could heat an entire section to get the oval shaped tubes if you really wanted.

#32 ·
RHD NAS spec truck? When you moving the steering wheel over to the correct side? I gotta say, it looks fantastic-but it also makes me fear getting 3rd anything. Well, maybe not 3rd Radio. r- R
Sadly the body kit is RHD and it's a bitch to move over the steering wheel, but not impossible.

Oki is the best kept secret in the Corps!

#33 ·
Let me know if there is a Disco kit...I may commission WolfFab minatures if you've got the time and access. A CT truck would be sweet.

I'll likely take your word on Oki; wouldn't work for my family situation and it looks like Quantico or a year on the bench before something else.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.