'97 D90 dash removal w A/C - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Build-up's, Projects & Registry Profiles > Smaller Projects

Old March 3rd, 2016, 02:07 PM
Nomar
Jeff B
RR HNTR,RR LWB Tdi

Registry
'97 D90 dash removal w A/C

Ok, this site is ridiculously hard to search.
My best results was a thread by JimC about 9 years ago...

Anyway, how does this last lower section of dash and A/C come out?
I have all the plenum screws out...

Also, what is the best way to remove the wiring harness from the frame?
I assume there isnt some hidden plug inside the frame so Im guessing I'll have to pull the rear section through to the front??

pic of dash. .------------------------------------------------------------------>>>pic of rear frame
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_3087.jpg
Views:	72
Size:	81.6 KB
ID:	144125   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_3084.jpg
Views:	59
Size:	89.7 KB
ID:	144126  

Real Rovers have round headlights!
Rent my
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
!
Just a few miles from 4x4 access!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old March 3rd, 2016, 02:15 PM
Ash
Ash Heller
OM606 110 Frankenstein
D-90 Source Vendor

Pull those three M6 nuts at the top of the box and then just pull it out towards the seat. There are two little posts that index into a couple of rubber grommets on a bracket that you can't really see.

From there you can access the last few screws that hold the dash bottom in place. Don't forget to get the two M6 bolts at the top of the lower dash, on either side of the wiring harness that runs up from the fuse panel.

------ Follow up post added March 3rd, 2016 02:17 PM ------

And yes, harness pulls out from the front of the truck. Tape the plugs up and try to streamline the rear section of the harness as best as you can. If you have a section of welding wire or fish tape I would chase the harness with that so its easier to pull back through the frame when you're ready to reinstall it.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

352-572-3236

Old March 3rd, 2016, 07:49 PM
Nomar
Jeff B
RR HNTR,RR LWB Tdi

Registry
Thanks Ash.

I'll tackle the last part of the dash when the snow quits flying tomorrow.

I'm pulling the entire harness to go on another truck so I'm debating if I want to run it inside the frame at all on the other truck. Pros and cons?

Real Rovers have round headlights!
Rent my
!
Just a few miles from 4x4 access!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old March 3rd, 2016, 08:06 PM
Ash
Ash Heller
OM606 110 Frankenstein
D-90 Source Vendor

I can't think of any real benefit to leaving it outside the chassis aside from ease. I would advise running it inside just for the added protection.

Pick up a cheap fish tape at Home Depot to do the job. I always tape a socket onto the end to keep it from sneaking under any gussets or sleeves inside the chassis. Overall it shouldnt take more than 10-15 minutes to pull it.

352-572-3236

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Build-up's, Projects & Registry Profiles > Smaller Projects

Tags
90, 97, 97 d90, ac, d90, dash