130 expedition exocage build - Page 2 - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Build-up's, Projects & Registry Profiles > Smaller Projects

Old June 1st, 2015, 12:58 PM
D90Overkill
David Frank
1995 ST #2615

Registry
Haha! To each their own. I wouldn't do it to my truck, but I like it on that rig. Im sure the rationale that I suggested are just a few of many, but I'll just stick with it's an OZ thing! ;-)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old June 1st, 2015, 01:08 PM
madcowdungbeetle
Carter
1994 D90 on 37s supreme balla style

Registry
What's the story on that A-Pillar? It looks like you're butt-welding a couple of sections.
Old June 1st, 2015, 01:28 PM
Brewie212
Brian Kandefer
1957 107 wagon, 94 arles St, 101 FC

So my equipment does not allow for as tight of bends as Shayne wants so he is cutting a sleeving the front section of the cage. So to preface the exocage is really just a giant brush guard for the truck with several strategic point of weakness to prevent collateral damage. I really like how the finished product is turning out but really don't like the way we had to do the front hoop section. The cage is completely bolt together so that he can replace any damaged areas. With that said this thing is a beast and is coming out very nicely...
Advertisement

Old June 1st, 2015, 01:59 PM
bjf
barry f
94 ST #395

Why would you want to add all that weight just for a brush guard?

If you look at it, it is one bar running along the fender. It's not going to save the fender if you hit something. Is it to save the engine in a roll over?

Seems a bit overkill for when Shayne drives over some bushes in Boca.

Fuck I think it's too high to even save a fender from a grocery cart.
Old June 1st, 2015, 02:02 PM
o2batsea
Bill Adams
66 109 sw 94 lwb

Registry
You can air-dry a lot of ball-kinis on those bars.

1966 109 5 door wagon 300Tdi "spermaceti fueled"
1994 RRC LeWiB "ruining the air behind me"
1968 2A 88

All my troubles are Rover
Old June 1st, 2015, 02:23 PM
D90Overkill
David Frank
1995 ST #2615

Registry
I didn't think it would save the panels cosmetically, just the compartment. That way the truck is easily salvageable even in an extreme roll over. Just new panels and your back in business. No structure or engine bay damage.

------ Follow up post added June 1st, 2015 11:24 AM ------

Quote:
Originally Posted by o2batsea View Post
You can air-dry a lot of ball-kinis on those bars.
You mean "banana hammocks!" ;-)
Old June 1st, 2015, 02:31 PM
bjf
barry f
94 ST #395

Quote:
Originally Posted by D90Overkill View Post
I didn't think it would save the panels cosmetically, just the compartment. That way the truck is easily salvageable even in an extreme roll over. Just new panels and your back in business. No structure or engine bay damage.

------ Follow up post added June 1st, 2015 11:24 AM ------

You mean "banana hammocks!" ;-)
Yeah the cage around the passengers will save them. The rest will do absolutely zero for saving anything. Let's be honest, this truck is going to weigh a million pounds and there is zero chance of it rolling over.

Couple new panels and good to go:
http://www.safetydevices.com/i/rollc...1316096253.jpg
Old June 1st, 2015, 02:44 PM
D90Overkill
David Frank
1995 ST #2615

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjf View Post
Let's be honest, this truck is going to weigh a million pounds and there is zero chance of it rolling over.
That's the truth!
Old June 1st, 2015, 10:33 PM
bjf
barry f
94 ST #395

It is nice that it can be removed without any holes in the truck.

Love that you now refer to the owner as the customer.
Old June 2nd, 2015, 02:43 PM
bjf
barry f
94 ST #395

Do posts keep disappearing from this thread?
Old June 2nd, 2015, 02:58 PM
rijosho
Joshua
1995 Black ST - Rhinolined edition
Research Assistant/Eagle Eyes

Registry
I think a post by Shayne was deleted and that was it. Try keeping the thread on topic.
Old June 2nd, 2015, 03:02 PM
bjf
barry f
94 ST #395

Quote:
Originally Posted by rijosho View Post
I think a post by Shayne was deleted and that was it. Try keeping the thread on topic.
Have I ever derailed a thread before?
Old June 2nd, 2015, 03:02 PM
nathanwind
Jason Lavender
88-90-127-LR3
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
Wasn't there a post that Brewie made with a picture of Shayne in a restaurant?
'94 90 NAS #324
'06 LR3 HSE

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

(10% discount for DSource members, use coupon code "D90")

Old June 2nd, 2015, 03:17 PM
Andy R
Andy R
Site Team

Yes, there was nathan. The one where Shayne was was flicking us the bird. It was posted a few days ago on a different post and removed since that post was a rant and trolling. It was posted again in this thread (which was more on topic) and was removed.

I'm sure you all noticed that he isn't posting anymore at this time. Here is why. Imagine you are at someone's house for a BBQ. One of the guys who attends is being rude and you ask him to take it easy. Instead of taking it easy he stands on the table and says "hey, these guys are going to ban me from this party" and continues to be a loud mouth guest. Rather than respecting the host, he continues to be rude so the host asks him to leave.

It's our intent to not discuss private matters with people who do not have access to all the information about the issues at hand. All we ask is that members follow our Community Rules. If posts are deleted, it's because either they did not adhere to our Community Rules or were responses to the post in question and were casualties of the thread cleanup.
Old June 2nd, 2015, 10:27 PM
cbfritz_03
Carmen
none

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brewie212 View Post
Soooo..... Shayne showed up on Friday and we have logged about 45 hrs in three days. This truck is short of amazing!!! One of the coolest trucks that I have been lucky enough to work on. So first thing we did for this crazy asshole who is of course Australian was to modify the ARB to support a husky winch... Full exocage around the cab and a separate one for the cube, along with mounting double tire carrier, and 48" led curved light bar. Anyway here are some pics, Shayne is just an asshole in disguise, he is the biggest teddy bear I have worked with... Overall just a great guy!!! First morning here he was here he about pee'd on himself when there where two fawns in my back yard, and then last night at about midnight on the way back to the shop for the third time he made me turn around to get a black snake off the road... He is a complete asshole! I cannot express that enough.... Oh and he is a cheap biotch as well...
His truck looks sick Brian!! I love it! ... and great job Shayne.. you cheap, fawn molesting perv.. (aka: silly koala, aka: Prissy)
Old June 2nd, 2015, 10:33 PM
genie90
Jay Geaney
1994 D-90 ST #282

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy R View Post
Andy's words.
Concur.

Thanks for letting the fanboys/fangirls know what is going on and why.

Good luck with the build.
Old June 2nd, 2015, 10:39 PM
Jonesy
Craig
87 D110 (Ruby)

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy R View Post
Yes, there was nathan. The one where Shayne was was flicking us the bird. It was posted a few days ago on a different post and removed since that post was a rant and trolling. It was posted again in this thread (which was more on topic) and was removed.

I'm sure you all noticed that he isn't posting anymore at this time. Here is why. Imagine you are at someone's house for a BBQ. One of the guys who attends is being rude and you ask him to take it easy. Instead of taking it easy he stands on the table and says "hey, these guys are going to ban me from this party" and continues to be a loud mouth guest. Rather than respecting the host, he continues to be rude so the host asks him to leave.

It's our intent to not discuss private matters with people who do not have access to all the information about the issues at hand. All we ask is that members follow our Community Rules. If posts are deleted, it's because either they did not adhere to our Community Rules or were responses to the post in question and were casualties of the thread cleanup.
Old June 2nd, 2015, 10:42 PM
cbfritz_03
Carmen
none

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brewie212 View Post
With that said this thing is a beast and is coming out very nicely...
No kidding!... smokin' hot. I hope you post more pictures when it's all done.
Old June 2nd, 2015, 11:55 PM
rlynch356
Robert Lynch
1995 NAS

i think it looks good shayne and Brian - come on out this weekend to Arrowhead Campground in some of the other metal you have laying around there

95' D90 - daily driver..
Old June 3rd, 2015, 06:39 AM
Brewie212
Brian Kandefer
1957 107 wagon, 94 arles St, 101 FC

It's getting closer, we have to finish the tire carrier today but should be wrapping this thing up shortly...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1450031392.jpg
Views:	135
Size:	483.5 KB
ID:	122166   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1226721318.jpg
Views:	143
Size:	516.5 KB
ID:	122167  

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Build-up's, Projects & Registry Profiles > Smaller Projects