Tub question.. - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Build-up's, Projects & Registry Profiles > Truck Build-up's & Restores

Old May 11th, 2014, 03:44 PM
cbfritz_03
Carmen
none

Tub question..

I was looking at the tub and thought there was a piece of diamond plate on top of the tub floor. On closer inspection it looks as if the diamond plate is the floor. Is this correct? ...and should there be any concern that the tub will wrack when I hoist it off? Just trying to be careful. Any advice would be appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 11th, 2014, 10:24 PM
cbfritz_03
Carmen
none

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSBriggs View Post
Its not diamond plate from the factory. It has been added.

As for it racking, take diagonal measurement ahead of time, then match them on reassembly. Be aware though, these things are not very precise from the factory.

-Jeff

It looks that way too. Has been riveted down onto a frame of angle iron underneath. I don't mind the look of it and it is really sturdy. Whoever did it did a good job.
But I still have to address the rust, so out it goes.

I will do that. I remember reading how they were pretty wonky and getting them near square is a challenge.
Is this part of the reason for the discussion of the washers? I found three on one side and two on the other.

Thank you Jeff.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0536.jpg
Views:	88
Size:	74.2 KB
ID:	94741  

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Build-up's, Projects & Registry Profiles > Truck Build-up's & Restores