The end is near - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Build-up's, Projects & Registry Profiles > Truck Build-up's & Restores

Old September 19th, 2004, 09:22 PM
Buckon37s
Buck
Re-Fendered 90

The end is near

Just cut off the front end. Phase three has begun!! I will soon have a fully functional deathstar.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	P1010192.JPG
Views:	568
Size:	73.1 KB
ID:	1474  

BUCK Wild Racing
Driver: Me
Co-driver: Pat Quirk
Team 911

Rover Tracks
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
PSC
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
DJ Safety
West Coast Rovers
Reel Driveline
Made it further than half of the other guys, but the Hammers won.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old September 20th, 2004, 09:15 AM
dmarchand
David Marchand
'97 D90 SW Arles

Registry
You need more triangulation.
Old September 20th, 2004, 09:31 AM
Kev Baldwin
Kevin Baldwin
2.4 Tdci 110 Utilty Wagon

You need a bigger intercooler...!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old September 20th, 2004, 12:38 PM
DJ Menasco
DJ Menasco
#500/500

You're Leaking Oil!!!
Old September 20th, 2004, 08:52 PM
Buckon37s
Buck
Re-Fendered 90

"You need more triangulation."
"You need a bigger intercooler...!"
"You're Leaking Oil!!!"

I know, I know, I know. All in good time. BTW that oil is from 3 weeks so for a rover, pretty darn good!

BUCK Wild Racing
Team 911

Rover Tracks
PSC
DJ Safety
West Coast Rovers
Reel Driveline
Old September 26th, 2004, 03:05 PM
mikeslandrover
Mike Hammond
110 200Tdi and a 2005 Scorpa SY250

Registry
You need a much bigger intercooler!!!!
Old September 26th, 2004, 07:40 PM
TwisteD90
Yousef Hamzeh
06 RR SC, 06 LR3, 94 D90

What's phase three?
Old September 26th, 2004, 09:27 PM
Buckon37s
Buck
Re-Fendered 90

Okay punk's It's a little hard to fit a much bigger intercooler when a winch is about to sit snugged up against the radiator. I have been noodling haw to get a large one in there for a while now. Still not sure how I am going to do it. Yousef, if I told you, I would have to kill you, and nobody wants a dead Ninja. It will be done in 14 days though!!

BUCK Wild Racing
Team 911

Rover Tracks
PSC
DJ Safety
West Coast Rovers
Reel Driveline
Old September 27th, 2004, 01:38 PM
TwisteD90
Yousef Hamzeh
06 RR SC, 06 LR3, 94 D90

How about you tell me and I won't kill you
Old September 27th, 2004, 09:03 PM
TDI Guy
Randy
2015 LR4
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
looks good.
Old September 28th, 2004, 01:23 PM
mikeslandrover
Mike Hammond

Registry
Smile

Is there space to move the engine rad back and then fit a huge intercooler in front?
There certainly is on my 200 tdi. Alternatively you can get a higher flow & better cooling = more power intercooler which fits where the standard one lives fron Alisport here in the U.K. ( says he with a standard intercooler)
As for the oil leak - its only a leak if the oil containing component empties in less than a day, otherwise its only a slight weep!!
Old September 28th, 2004, 09:54 PM
Buckon37s
Buck
Re-Fendered 90

Thats one thing I have been thinking about, Mike. There is room, especially if I get rid of the stock fan. I was also considering an intercooler mounted on the inside of the radiator. Might be pretty easy. Do you think that would work??

BUCK Wild Racing
Team 911

Rover Tracks
PSC
DJ Safety
West Coast Rovers
Reel Driveline
Old September 30th, 2004, 01:54 PM
mikeslandrover
Mike Hammond

Registry
Probably far better to move the engine rad back and stick the intercooler in front. the intercooler needs all the cool air it can get.
Old September 30th, 2004, 08:01 PM
Buckon37s
Buck
Re-Fendered 90

Yeah, but I spent some more time looking at it and while I could realistically get an extra 2 inches back, I would end up mounting the winch 2 more inches back and be in the same predicament. I might have to end up with a twistedperformance direct replacement. Which brings me to my next question, have you ever heard of them? Good, bad reviews. I figure you might since you are on that side of the lake.

BUCK Wild Racing
Team 911

Rover Tracks
PSC
DJ Safety
West Coast Rovers
Reel Driveline
Old September 30th, 2004, 09:38 PM
Davis
Chris Davis
94 NAS D90 6.2LS

David--
I have the two speed fan off a taurus that is a great fit for the D90 radiator (except it was too fat to use on mine w/o relocation). If you want it, you can have it.
Old October 1st, 2004, 12:13 AM
Buckon37s
Buck
Re-Fendered 90

Yeah! Def. What is the story, can it pull enough CFM's?? Is it a puller for the inside of the radiator? I will take it though! PM me about shipping. Thanks

BUCK Wild Racing
Team 911

Rover Tracks
PSC
DJ Safety
West Coast Rovers
Reel Driveline
Old October 3rd, 2004, 02:10 PM
mikeslandrover
Mike Hammond

Registry
David you could try Allisport
http://www.allisport.com/home.php
I've spoken to him at shows and he seemed an all round good chap or
http://www.jeremyjfearn.co.uk/
He's been big in the diesel racing world over here for a long while and is highly regarded.
Hope this helps
Old October 4th, 2004, 02:58 PM
Buckon37s
Buck
Re-Fendered 90

Thanks for the link but those are just so expensive for what you get. I am looking to find a cheaper alternative. www.twistedperformance.co.uk seems slightly more reasonable. I am still looking at other options also

BUCK Wild Racing
Team 911

Rover Tracks
PSC
DJ Safety
West Coast Rovers
Reel Driveline
Old October 6th, 2004, 12:09 PM
mikeslandrover
Mike Hammond

Registry
Dave, the twisted performance intercoolers have the standard top & bottom sections of the landrover intercooler and weld in a higher flow center core. Allisport and Jeremy Fearne both give you whole new intercoolers
You could also try
www.allardturbosport.co.uk
they're a well respected name on this side of the pond as well, at the end of the day you only get what you pay for and Allisport's welding is a thing of beauty
the Allard site has lots of options from not too much money to serious

Have you modified the fuel delivery?
There's a good article in this month's LRE about doing just that, they don't mention the exhaust gas temperature though, that's rather important as I understand things, If that gets too high the engine goes into meltdown. Does a larger intercooler help with this.
Old October 6th, 2004, 09:51 PM
Buckon37s
Buck
Re-Fendered 90

I have upped the boost and fuel a good amount. I am around 150bhp. Does not sound like a lot but man it moves that thing. The problem is the EGT's like you said. I would be getting the intercooler to solve that problem more than for just the power. I can peel out on a dry street in first and second gear with 37in tires. I have a 2in no muffler exaust which helps with the temps, but not nearly enough. At normal freeway cruising, I am at about 650 but I can hit as high as I want floored up a big high hill. I always back off and never go over 1100. It is amazing how much that guage can move around. I have been doing some research and I found an intercooler option for $490 that will fit with my winch and moves 850 CFM of air. Way more than the other places!! That is probably the way I will go but thank you for your help!!

BUCK Wild Racing
Team 911

Rover Tracks
PSC
DJ Safety
West Coast Rovers
Reel Driveline

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Build-up's, Projects & Registry Profiles > Truck Build-up's & Restores

« - | It's alive! »