Project "Frank" - The Un-Gaying of a 110 - Page 18 - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Build-up's, Projects & Registry Profiles > Truck Build-up's & Restores

Old December 28th, 2011, 07:35 PM
Wolf Fabrication
Sterling Archer
'08 D3
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arjun
Looks awesome. When's the next time you're coming to HH? I want to check out the X-Deflex kit you have on.
Whenever the next HH is, prolly next month.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Semper Fi!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old December 28th, 2011, 08:11 PM
nathanwind
Jason Lavender
88-90-127-LR3
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arjun View Post
Looks awesome. When's the next time you're coming to HH? I want to check out the X-Deflex kit you have on.
Um...Arjun...how about when's the next time YOU'RE coming to a HH for the first time ?
'94 90 NAS #324
'06 LR3 HSE

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

(10% discount for DSource members, use coupon code "D90")

Old December 28th, 2011, 09:05 PM
Arjun
Arjun
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by nathanwind View Post
Um...Arjun...how about when's the next time YOU'RE coming to a HH for the first time ?
Dude, you know I don't drink

Need to find a plausible excuse for the better half as to why I'm leaving her alone with the kids on a Thursday evening to go hang out at a bar. She's ok with one car event/week. If I start talking HH, I might come home one day and find all my cars gone.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old December 28th, 2011, 09:10 PM
nathanwind
Jason Lavender
88-90-127-LR3
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arjun View Post
Dude, you know I don't drink

Need to find a plausible excuse for the better half as to why I'm leaving her alone with the kids on a Thursday evening to go hang out at a bar. She's ok with one car event/week. If I start talking HH, I might come home one day and find all my cars gone.
No need to drink. In fact, at the last one I didn't have a sip. Of course, that's because I was still banged up from the night before hanging with JP "Stormer".

But yes, I understand even Manisha must have a breaking point - she's way too patient with you to begin with!
'94 90 NAS #324
'06 LR3 HSE

Old December 29th, 2011, 06:10 PM
Wolf Fabrication
Sterling Archer
'08 D3
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
Got the disc brakes installed today! Special thanks to Keith from RovingTracks for helping me figure this out.

After reading the Disc Brake Conversion thread in the tech section, the compiling of parts and installation was pretty straight forward. I kept my stock stub axles and used early 90 front disc brake hubs. I also chose to grind and finish sand the caliper brackets vice milling them. Still haven't had a chance to test drive it yet, but the pedal feels tighter.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1440408657.png
Views:	162
Size:	901.7 KB
ID:	45381   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3204913153.png
Views:	232
Size:	849.5 KB
ID:	45382  

Name:	image-4171846553.png
Views:	163
Size:	882.7 KB
ID:	45383   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1623478529.png
Views:	154
Size:	861.2 KB
ID:	45384  

Name:	image-3086840498.png
Views:	156
Size:	894.0 KB
ID:	45385   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-54918731.png
Views:	161
Size:	800.6 KB
ID:	45386  

Name:	image-3781359767.png
Views:	159
Size:	864.6 KB
ID:	45387   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3378603675.png
Views:	225
Size:	905.6 KB
ID:	45388  

Semper Fi!
Old December 29th, 2011, 06:23 PM
cgalpin
Charles Galpin
'94 D90 ST, '63 SeriesIIA
Site Team

Registry
Don't those mounting surfaces need to be machined to be nice and square? Otherwise you are not going to get even pressure on the pads.
Old December 29th, 2011, 06:53 PM
Wolf Fabrication
Sterling Archer
'08 D3
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by cgalpin
Don't those mounting surfaces need to be machined to be nice and square? Otherwise you are not going to get even pressure on the pads.
Sure, although I used a dial caliper and level. They are single piston calipers pushing in the middle of the caliper. Any minor deviances will be accounted for in the pad. Even the amount to remove off the bracket can vary from .100 to .140. Mine looked like I needed to take .150 off, but the variance has little effect.

Semper Fi!
Old December 29th, 2011, 09:20 PM
down_shift
Russell
94' D90 ST & 06' LR3

Registry
Don't bang on that bench vice to hard - looks like could use some bigger bolts or washers at a minimum!
Old December 30th, 2011, 07:07 AM
Wolf Fabrication
Sterling Archer
'08 D3
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by down_shift
Don't bang on that bench vice to hard - looks like could use some bigger bolts or washers at a minimum!
I know Military housing. 3" deck screws actually hold pretty well! I have another one on a steel table.

Semper Fi!
Old December 31st, 2011, 10:33 AM
don
Don Bunnell
'86 110 3dr ST

Registry
Looking good Wolf. Have you gotten any drive time on the new setup with both the disc brakes and new suspension? The Fox stuff looks trick.

And what is with you boys from VA? I thought it was us Yankees that were supposed to be the a$$holes and ruining the site, haha
Old December 31st, 2011, 01:10 PM
Wolf Fabrication
Sterling Archer
'08 D3
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by don
Looking good Wolf. Have you gotten any drive time on the new setup with both the disc brakes and new suspension? The Fox stuff looks trick.
I'm still waiting on a test drive as I finish up a few other projects. Sounds like I may need to rebuild my injection pump. I was also sent the wrong front springs, so I need to swap those out.

Semper Fi!
Old December 31st, 2011, 01:41 PM
oilburner
JL
large pile of parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf Fabrication View Post
I'm still waiting on a test drive as I finish up a few other projects. Sounds like I may need to rebuild my injection pump. I was also sent the wrong front springs, so I need to swap those out.
What is it doing (pump)? External leaking is an easy fix and usually happens due to newer ULSD.
Diesel-swapped 1994 80 series Land-cruiser
And a difflocked 4wd turbodiesel Lambo
Old December 31st, 2011, 01:49 PM
Wolf Fabrication
Sterling Archer
'08 D3
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
I posted a help thread in the tech section, but it's leaking where it meets the timing cover. I'm not getting fluid out the bottom of the timing case though, which makes it hard to believe it's the input seal.

Semper Fi!
Old December 31st, 2011, 02:26 PM
don
Don Bunnell
'86 110 3dr ST

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf Fabrication

Its never easy is it, Not sure if you were following my Toy axle thing but its been a lot of wrong parts but a lot of it was my fault/inexperience. Good when these projects finally get figured out tho.

Looking forward to the test drive report. :
Old January 18th, 2012, 02:06 PM
Wolf Fabrication
Sterling Archer
'08 D3
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
New Paint

Well, I've gone down the rabbit hole of repainting my 110. As soon as I saw the semi-gloss olive drab on the Corsetti Engineering 110 I was sold.

Paint is ordered and on the way....
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Slide1.JPG
Views:	223
Size:	61.0 KB
ID:	46285   Click image for larger version

Name:	Slide2.JPG
Views:	1853
Size:	103.2 KB
ID:	46286  

Semper Fi!
Old January 18th, 2012, 03:13 PM
the rover shop
shayne young
89,93 & 95 camel trophy 110s 06 130

Ummm...isn't olive drab a bit ummmm, whats the word I'm looking for..."gay"... why not go with something manly like sandglow ...LOL... I have done a couple of rovers lately in a flat black cleared, looks the same finish as the one in that pic, the clear stops the flat paint from staining...just sent a disco 2 to the paint shop to be done flat black...but after seeing that one above I may change colour...nothing like a drab olive green..
Old January 18th, 2012, 03:15 PM
nathanwind
Jason Lavender
88-90-127-LR3
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf Fabrication View Post
Paint is ordered and on the way....
You painting it yourself?
'94 90 NAS #324
'06 LR3 HSE

Old January 18th, 2012, 03:34 PM
Wolf Fabrication
Sterling Archer
'08 D3
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by nathanwind

You painting it yourself?
I am. I'm a novice, but I've painted a few customer trucks with decent results. I figure if it's going to be thrashed, why waste $$ on an expensive paint job. The paint looks like shite now anyway.

Semper Fi!
Old January 18th, 2012, 03:44 PM
bjf
barry f
94 ST #395

Taking it apart?
Old January 18th, 2012, 04:01 PM
Wolf Fabrication
Sterling Archer
'08 D3
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjf
Taking it apart?
Sorta. I'm pulling all the doors, hood, cage, and everything else bolted on, then will mask everything else. Not ideal, but...

Semper Fi!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Build-up's, Projects & Registry Profiles > Truck Build-up's & Restores

Tags