Project: Expedition Alaska. - Page 5 - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Build-up's, Projects & Registry Profiles > Truck Build-up's & Restores

Old December 21st, 2009, 03:40 PM
RyanB16
Ryan Hoffmeyer
94 D90 Red HalfCab #741

Quote:
Originally Posted by madcowdungbeetle
Ryan the truck looks incredible. I miss that thing everyday, but Im glad you have given it the attention it deserves.
hey thanks. its come a long ways. it is a fun project. I am glad that I can drive it now. it had too long of a downtime with it all torn apart.
Advertisement

Old December 21st, 2009, 05:11 PM
Grover
Mike
Birmabright Bread Box/Swagger Wagon

Registry
Thumbs up

Ryan,

The top looks great! I like how it seals around the cage. Who made the top for you? Also, how does it seal around the door tops? Looking forward to more pictures!!!

Cheers...
Old December 21st, 2009, 10:16 PM
RyanB16
Ryan Hoffmeyer
94 D90 Red HalfCab #741

[QUOTE=Grover]Ryan,

The top looks great! I like how it seals around the cage. Who made the top for you? Also, how does it seal around the door tops? Looking forward to more pictures!!!

Cheers...[/QUOTE

A local upholstery shop made me the top. I gave me my other full soft top to template the entire front off of. so pretty much from the B hoop forward is exactly like my other top. it seals around the doors nicely. no large gaps etc. He inserted a flat piece of steel in the fabric that runs up along the back side of the window. that really helps the structure keeping it top close to the door. He had to special orders those pieces of steel so I went without them for about a week and really noticed a difference. He stitched a drip rail across the top just like the other one. He also put a zipper on the back window so it can fold down in behind the seats which works great for those cold mornings into work and then heats up in the afternoon. seeing how I am not running a/c.

I was out driving around this weekend and passed a small used car lot that had a 95 defender sitting there for sale that had the half cab badger top on it. that was the first time I have seen a badger top up close but I wasn't aware that they didn't seal all around the cab. that it was entirely sectional. I dont know if this was one of there early model tops if there are still making them this way. it was just interesting to see another way of accomplishing the half cab top. overall it wasn't a bad looking defender.

Here's some more pics of the windows.

Follow-up Post:

Forgot to attach the corner pic of the zipper. well, here it is.

Follow-up Post:

I was out running errands today and getting ready to leave the parking lot, the defender wont start. Doesn't crank, no dash lights etc. I have running lights and dome light, just no response when I turn the key. after about 30 minutes or so of checking things out, (battery cables, fuses, etc) I call the tow company. I dont have any tools with me and only about 10 mi les from the house. actually 10 miles seems like a lot when you car doesn't run. anyways, tow truck shows up, funny that I got 2 offers for my dead defender sitting there in the parking lot. one as the truck was being loaded on the truck he wanted me to have it tow it right to his house. but i didn't . right when I got home started checking this out again. got under the hood and checked the 60 amp ignition fuse. which was blown. Thankyou madcowdungbeetle (who had sold me the truck) had 2 extra fuses in the storage compartment. Been there over a year now. New fuse is in and started right up. saved me from a trip to the store. although if I would have checked there sooner, it would have saved me a tow. =)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC03787.JPG
Views:	162
Size:	544.2 KB
ID:	23859   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC03785.JPG
Views:	155
Size:	520.3 KB
ID:	23860  

Name:	DSC03784.JPG
Views:	136
Size:	440.8 KB
ID:	23861   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC03780.JPG
Views:	166
Size:	541.3 KB
ID:	23862  

Name:	DSC03777.JPG
Views:	159
Size:	469.3 KB
ID:	23863   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC03782.JPG
Views:	148
Size:	705.1 KB
ID:	23864  

Advertisement

Old December 22nd, 2009, 07:01 AM
FlaD90
Tom
1994 ST D90
D-90 Source Vendor

Ryan,

The truck looks great to say the least, if you dont mind can you email me details of the top?
such as price & contact information for this fellow.

enjoy your truck amigo..
Old December 22nd, 2009, 08:16 AM
Grover
Mike
Birmabright Bread Box/Swagger Wagon

Registry
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlaD90
Ryan,

The truck looks great to say the least, if you dont mind can you email me details of the top?
such as price & contact information for this fellow.

enjoy your truck amigo..
Ryan,

Me too. You can just pm me...

Cheers...

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Build-up's, Projects & Registry Profiles > Truck Build-up's & Restores

Tags
expedition