Newbie LR Defender Owner.... - Page 3 - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Build-up's, Projects & Registry Profiles > Truck Build-up's & Restores

Old February 8th, 2015, 11:04 AM
the rover shop
shayne young
89,93 & 95 camel trophy 110s 06 130

For the josh and Jeff butt buddies, one of you asked, how can you sell something I don't own... To which I replied, the tow truck owner was doing that, and I'm not even sure the guy I was buying it from was this mythical tow truck driver. And another question asked by either tweedledee or tweedledum, was something about JSQ finding the truck before me, to which I asked, what's the relevance, the original owner found the truck before him... Hang on, let me get a piece of paper and I'll draw the idiots a pic... It wasn't a "sketchy for sale ad" it was a hey, I have an opportunity to buy this and I'm not sure I'm in the right time (being mid trip.. And I'm not sure you know what a trip is..it's not like when your wife sends you to the corner store to buy tampons for her (or is that referred to as a covert operation..?.).. So if someone needs this I will sell it to them, as mentioned before I was sure it would require a good deal of participation from me and if you read one of the posts I made I stated that I was brokering the deal... So you little schoolgirls need to get you little lace undies and training bras out of a twist and put your big girl panties on...stop playing with yourselves and get off my case...because it's really upsetting me how you guys are picking on me..!!!!

------ Follow up post added February 8th, 2015 11:05 AM ------

And Dave... I don't get the whole "edit" post..and yes, you can draw me a pic if you need to..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old February 8th, 2015, 11:27 AM
javelinadave
-
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by the rover shop View Post
For the josh and Jeff butt buddies, one of you asked, how can you sell something I don't own... To which I replied, the tow truck owner was doing that, and I'm not even sure the guy I was buying it from was this mythical tow truck driver. And another question asked by either tweedledee or tweedledum, was something about JSQ finding the truck before me, to which I asked, what's the relevance, the original owner found the truck before him... Hang on, let me get a piece of paper and I'll draw the idiots a pic... It wasn't a "sketchy for sale ad" it was a hey, I have an opportunity to buy this and I'm not sure I'm in the right time (being mid trip.. And I'm not sure you know what a trip is..it's not like when your wife sends you to the corner store to buy tampons for her (or is that referred to as a covert operation..?.).. So if someone needs this I will sell it to them, as mentioned before I was sure it would require a good deal of participation from me and if you read one of the posts I made I stated that I was brokering the deal... So you little schoolgirls need to get you little lace undies and training bras out of a twist and put your big girl panties on...stop playing with yourselves and get off my case...because it's really upsetting me how you guys are picking on me..!!!!

------ Follow up post added February 8th, 2015 11:05 AM ------

And Dave... I don't get the whole "edit" post..and yes, you can draw me a pic if you need to..
The name calling and the homosexual references are so middle school.
Old February 8th, 2015, 11:30 AM
CJ7-2010LRDefender
Rafael
defender 2010

110 Defender In Mexico

Starting a thread in the Australian Land Rover Owners Website in hopes of of getting some info and hopefully some insight into where to get keys (if possible) made, can I get get rid of the electronics and circumvent the FOB key issue, info on the swap, etc. I'm not concerned about Shane The Rover Shop I have ECU in the car, bought and payed for LR Defender that I can't use whole in Mexico. I have posted a lot of questions here on this thread and the Newbie intro thread and have gotten 10 times more hate replies directed towards Shane than questions answered. It almost seems as everybody's mad I'm putting the drivetrain into a Jeep..... I'd like to keep the whole thing but body isn't salvageable, and if it was I still can't import. Keeping engine,tranny, t-case and axles is doable. My Jeep is imported, legit and old enough to not raise eyebrows. I am also trying to track the original Aussie owner in hopes of a spare key.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old February 8th, 2015, 11:36 AM
the rover shop
shayne young

Hahaha...yeah, coz the rest of this thread till that time was sooooo grown up...
Old February 8th, 2015, 11:42 AM
javelinadave
-
-

Quote:
Hahaha...yeah, coz the rest of this thread till that time was sooooo grown up...
Best of luck to you Shayne.
Old February 8th, 2015, 11:47 AM
down_shift
Russell
94' D90 ST & 06' LR3

Registry
Quote:
So if someone needs this I will sell it to them, as mentioned before I was sure it would require a good deal of participation from me and if you read one of the posts I made I stated that I was brokering the deal...
Reads if you still have some sort of skin in this Puma game. Let me guess.... does it come with your surplus D1 goodies that were pushed on a prior parts Defender to get that one sorted too?
Old February 8th, 2015, 11:53 AM
the rover shop
shayne young

Rafael.. Please understand, their nasty little spite filled innuendos are directed at you or your intentions with the truck.. It's really just the hate filled spiteful little bitch haters are gonna hate when they get the chance.. In regards to the whole key issue.. Here is what can be done.. I will PM you the contact info of Shane at MAZTEC, I am sure he can re flash your ecu and bypass the security function.. I would say to just purchase a new ignition switch with key and matching barrel from eBay UK... But by the sound of it you won't be using the existing column anyway so that may not be necessary.. All that needs to be done is installing the engine and drivetrain units and associated electronics and wire in the necessary power feeds.. Should be relatively easy especially since it is now a common install on earlier model defenders.. It definitely won't be a piece of cake but depending on how much of the original systems you want to integrate or use would determine how much work and electronics "workarounds" are needed.. I can get you the whole wiring diagram and from that you can sit down and determine what inputs and outputs are necessary and what going to need what kind of signal. It may require someone with extensive electronics background to figure work arounds. I personally haven't had much dealings with the puma dashes and TDCI units but there are people on here who have.. And it definitely isn't the people who are making the nasty remarks on here... They are just computor nerds who rarely leave the safety of their computor cubicle.. More typing than wheeling or wrenching..

------ Follow up post added February 8th, 2015 11:57 AM ------

Quote:
Originally Posted by down_shift View Post
Reads if you still have some sort of skin in this Puma game. Let me guess.... does it come with your surplus D1 goodies that was pushed on a prior parts Defender to get that one sorted too?
You need to read the lines preceding that section..!!! I was referencing what I said over 2 years ago.. And I'm not sure what parts defender you are talking about that had parts pushed on it to get it sorted..!! Please explain!!
Old February 8th, 2015, 11:58 AM
the rover shop
shayne young

Do you mean these d1 goodies that I have..
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	72
Size:	103.2 KB
ID:	113169  
Old February 8th, 2015, 12:01 PM
the rover shop
shayne young

And you're gonna need to be wayyyy more specific.. I have shitloads of surplus parts.. And the only defender these parts are going on is my 130... I've never sold a built defender orrrr a parts defender.. And pretty soon the parts that I'm not using will be going up for sale...
Old February 8th, 2015, 12:02 PM
down_shift
Russell
94' D90 ST & 06' LR3

Registry
Quote:
Do you mean these d1 goodies that I have..
Nice stuff, but no. I was referring to the paper and stamped kind.
Old February 8th, 2015, 12:12 PM
the rover shop
shayne young

Still not following.. If it's something you don't want to say in public.. PM me..I don't have any papers for defenders either..
Old February 8th, 2015, 12:19 PM
down_shift
Russell
94' D90 ST & 06' LR3

Registry
Quote:
I've never sold a built defender orrrr a parts defender..
Go back and tread your "D-90 project for sale.. " thread.
It's all good. Keep the stories flowing.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3146360626.jpg
Views:	85
Size:	251.4 KB
ID:	113170  
Old February 8th, 2015, 12:35 PM
the rover shop
shayne young

Boy... You guys are reaching... Can you read the bit where it says trail rig...and if you dig deeper you will find there is the thread before that where I bought it from.. Up in PA if I recall... And I sold that truck like well over 2 years ago.. And I recently spoke to the guy I sold it to and may be buying it back,.. There was no paperwork with that truck.. That is why it was a trail rig... Be careful of the accusations you make without being fully informed... If I recall correctly that truck had been in a fire but the frame etc was still good.. Maybe an insurance write-off.. TRAIL RIG..!!!!!

------ Follow up post added February 8th, 2015 12:43 PM ------

Ahhhh, now I see what you are referring to... Boy, you really ARE reaching....hey, I once cheated on my girlfriend...it was back in 1982... But go for it...
Old February 8th, 2015, 12:47 PM
the rover shop
shayne young

Briggs and josh.. Lookout, we have a new d-90 super sleuth on board battling for the position of head DICK of d-90.... And by dick, I mean private detective...or do I..

------ Follow up post added February 8th, 2015 12:48 PM ------

I'm done... Before I get myself banned on this site also.or shot..... I bow to the powers that be... By the way.. Bill Cox got in touch with me the other day... He's still on here also..
Old February 8th, 2015, 01:02 PM
Nomar
Jeff B
RR HNTR,RR LWB Tdi

Registry
Shayne Young...are you related to a Steve Young? lol

You're digging a deep hole...

Real Rovers have round headlights!
Rent my
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
!
Just a few miles from 4x4 access!
Old February 8th, 2015, 01:02 PM
Bill Larson
Bill Larson
97 D90 SW

Wow...
Old February 8th, 2015, 01:07 PM
the rover shop
shayne young

I'm done..
Old February 8th, 2015, 01:10 PM
javelinadave
-
-

Quote:
I'm done..
You also posted this 20 minutes earlier.
Old February 8th, 2015, 01:11 PM
the rover shop
shayne young

I hope that guys not STILL paying for wi-fi on his plane ride,..

------ Follow up post added February 8th, 2015 01:13 PM ------

I'm done with trying to defend myself.. I'm guilty on all counts... Now if I could just find people who I feel worthy to refer to as .... My peers... We'd be all set..
... Poop.. Where's the "EDIT" button..

------ Follow up post added February 8th, 2015 01:16 PM ------

And I checked... For once someone is TOTALLY correct... It was EXACTLY 20 minutes prior..congrats Dave..

------ Follow up post added February 8th, 2015 01:17 PM ------

Oops.. Sorry, 19 minutes.. I take it back Dave... Your recollection of said events is somewhat flawed...

------ Follow up post added February 8th, 2015 01:20 PM ------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomar View Post
Shayne Young...are you related to a Steve Young? lol

You're digging a deep hole...

Wasn't he a football player... ?... But nope.. John, Daryn, Eric, David, chad, Tracey, Sandra, I guess there might be a Steve in there somewhere.. But your question is a little vague...to say the least..
Old February 8th, 2015, 02:49 PM
Nomar
Jeff B
RR HNTR,RR LWB Tdi

Registry
Quote:
..... I guess there might be a Steve in there somewhere.. But your question is a little vague...to say the least..
nope...the Land Rover Steve Young; not the football player. lol
I guess he was before your time.

Real Rovers have round headlights!
Rent my
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
!
Just a few miles from 4x4 access!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Build-up's, Projects & Registry Profiles > Truck Build-up's & Restores

Tags
defender