New Project - 1967 109 NADA 6 cylinder - Page 2 - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Build-up's, Projects & Registry Profiles > Truck Build-up's & Restores

Old January 2nd, 2008, 04:50 PM
highmile
Jeremy Bergeron
95 RRC SWB

ooops! The link did not paste correctly. try this link!

http://picasaweb.google.com/bergeron...linderRoadTest
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old January 2nd, 2008, 07:08 PM
cgalpin
Charles Galpin
'94 D90 ST, '63 SeriesIIA
Site Team

Registry
Bravo!
Old January 2nd, 2008, 08:24 PM
pendy
jim pendleton
89'd90

I have been chasing after that truck for years. What did you say to make him part with it? The guy was quite a character.

Good for you.

JP

Advice is only as good as the person applying it--
Don't make me give you bad advice!

Lemons or lemonaide, whatever your taste provides.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old January 3rd, 2008, 10:06 AM
highmile
Jeremy Bergeron
95 RRC SWB

JP

You knew the guy, Rob, in Alamosa, CO that I bought this truck from? I didn't say much other than replying to an ad he had posted months before where he was asking $5000. I think he was tired of only having folks from far away inquire via email and no real way to come and check out the truck in person easily. I was only 2.5 hours away in Colorado Springs. Basically, at the time, sight unseen, I told him that if he would except something below $1500, I would make the drive down to take a look at the truck. He really wanted somebody to come look at it and said he would take something below $1500. I offered $1250 after seeing the truck and it was a handshake deal from there until the following weekend.

Seemed like a really nice guy, especially since he honored our handshake deal after somebody else offered him $3000 on the spot in the week between the handshake and coming with money the following weekend. He didn't even call me to see if I might be willing to match, which I would have been unable to do at the time.
Old January 3rd, 2008, 10:29 AM
pendy
jim pendleton
89'd90

Met him briefly. He stood me up a couple times when I was traveling through the area also. I was moving my shop close to his location, but that is not happening now. Guess he lost my phone number when it came time to sell. I do not think he was considering selling when I was asking.

So do you know for a fact someone else offered more? One thing you'll learn in the Land Rover atmosphere, sometimes things are not what they appear to be.

Regardless, its in your vehicle now, and I think you did well. Get it running. I know a lot of owners/ collectors in your area who can help with parts. Plus the Solihull forum will get you in touch with other locals.

Have fun!
Jim Pendleton

Old January 3rd, 2008, 12:58 PM
highmile
Jeremy Bergeron
95 RRC SWB

I donít know for a fact that somebody offered more since I wasnít there as a fly on the wall, but he did not tell me the story until after the money and title were exchanged. Donít know why he would tell me this afterwards if it wasnít true. He was very pleasant to deal with. It was a good month later before we had arrangements to get the spare motor transported to my house. He arranged for an engine lift at his house and a student of his that was coming to Colorado Springs for Christmas to haul it here. All I paid for was a tank of gas for the girl that drove and an engine hoist rental. Saved me an all day trip and a ton of gas, so I was happy. Rob has also been very open with any information about the truck. I have emailed him a few times in the past couple weeks hoping to get honest straight answers about the mechanicals of the truck, and he has responded. His answers are giving me considerable hope that Iíll have this truck on the road sooner than later. Apparently, it was running when he parked it. Had typical leaks and idled rough. Hopefully, Iíll have some time here soon to go get a new battery, do some fluid changes, and simple maintenance items and see if I might just get this truck started. Wish me luck!
Old January 3rd, 2008, 02:34 PM
pendy
jim pendleton
89'd90

Luck

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Build-up's, Projects & Registry Profiles > Truck Build-up's & Restores

Tags