My Defender 130 double cab 300TDI Slowly making it better in everyway. - Page 2 - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Build-up's, Projects & Registry Profiles > Truck Build-up's & Restores

Old February 12th, 2014, 04:33 PM
spanto
peter
None

Good looking rig!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old February 12th, 2014, 04:37 PM
101stAirborne
Battle Ewing
1997 D90 LE 255/300

Registry
Don't paint the boost wheels! Only steelies look good in solid black
Old February 12th, 2014, 05:02 PM
scout110801
Justus
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5spd View Post
Bill, nice truck. Do ever come over to Edmonton? Wainwright? I am trying to decide if a 130 will work for me and the family. I had a 200 tdi 110 before, so I know the pros and cons in general. the kicker I can't assess right now from online reading is if the back seats will offer enough space. both my kids are in car seats. I'm 6'4", so I mod the front seats to slide back a bit farther, cutting into rear seat room even more.

Given there are no 130s (DC) around Edmonton, I'd love to check your out. I'll be in Wainwright on training for the last half of April.

Chris
I have a 110 Crew Cab and back seat is limited for car seats. I am 6'5" and have the seat extenders for more room. Kids will be fine when out of a car seat, but tight or impossible to get car seats with seats all the way back. You can put one in the middle. Car seats are huge now and take up a ton of room. My daughter loves riding in the middle because she can see straight out.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old February 12th, 2014, 07:41 PM
5spd
Chris Scott
None (had a 95 110 ex-mod)

rear seat room 130 etc

Scout, thanks for that. I haven't tried throwing the kids in a buddies 110, but he does the same as you just fine.

I hear 130 double cabs have even less room in rear seat area due to the seatbox, cab length etc, and there are diffs between the tdi / transit / puma models. sometimes it is hard deciphering off the net. people do all sorts of seat mods too, but I don't want to overlook some safety consideration just because I can tinker.

I had a 110 three door, but sold it when the kids came along. while sleuthing on the net about 130s, I saw Bill's come up, and he is only a few hours from me. I don't want to get too excited about the prospect (ie building one or bringing one in) until I've done a bit of homework.

Bill, further to that, if you do ever come to Edmonton, our club meets once a month, first Wed, at a pub. Good chance to scrounge parts etc.

Chris
Old February 13th, 2014, 09:52 PM
darkdevo
Bill
97 Defender 130 double cab

Registry
Quote:
Bill, nice truck. Do ever come over to Edmonton? Wainwright? I am trying to decide if a 130 will work for me and the family. I had a 200 tdi 110 before, so I know the pros and cons in general. the kicker I can't assess right now from online reading is if the back seats will offer enough space. both my kids are in car seats. I'm 6'4", so I mod the front seats to slide back a bit farther, cutting into rear seat room even more.

Given there are no 130s (DC) around Edmonton, I'd love to check your out. I'll be in Wainwright on training for the last half of April.

Chris
Well I might be up that way some time. And not sure if you wanna be hauling your kids around in it its not the most warmest truck. And besides I want to have the only one around here lol but From a everyday truck Id stick with something more practical with kids
id go for a 110 if i were you the door handles freeze sometimes its very tall hard to get in and out of.

------ Follow up post added February 13th, 2014 08:55 PM ------

Quote:
Scout, thanks for that. I haven't tried throwing the kids in a buddies 110, but he does the same as you just fine.

I hear 130 double cabs have even less room in rear seat area due to the seatbox, cab length etc, and there are diffs between the tdi / transit / puma models. sometimes it is hard deciphering off the net. people do all sorts of seat mods too, but I don't want to overlook some safety consideration just because I can tinker.

I had a 110 three door, but sold it when the kids came along. while sleuthing on the net about 130s, I saw Bill's come up, and he is only a few hours from me. I don't want to get too excited about the prospect (ie building one or bringing one in) until I've done a bit of homework.

Bill, further to that, if you do ever come to Edmonton, our club meets once a month, first Wed, at a pub. Good chance to scrounge parts etc.

Chris
Sorry I just read the rest of your reply's haha next time im in edmonton Ill shoot ya a text
Pm me and ill give ya my Number.

------ Follow up post added February 13th, 2014 08:58 PM ------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Way of Life View Post
Nice truck In Canada love it, trying to get the wife and kids to do the drive across this Great country of ours this summer, but work might get in the way.
Well if you head through sask message me You got a Drive way to stay and sleep in
Old February 13th, 2014, 10:01 PM
darkdevo
Bill

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by 101stAirborne View Post
Don't paint the boost wheels! Only steelies look good in solid black
I dunno man...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	defender black and white watermarked.jpg
Views:	117
Size:	88.7 KB
ID:	89650  
Old April 5th, 2017, 01:21 AM
darkdevo
Bill

Registry
New updated pics of my defender 130. Enjoy

sent from darkdevo/Bill.
Old April 5th, 2017, 02:29 AM
D90Overkill
David Frank
1995 ST #2615

Registry
Lookin' really good! You're not F-ing around. Love your rig, and the 130's. Gonna have to get one someday. Is that shower water up top? Rack looks great. Very pro. What did you tie into in the rear for support? The corner step/bumperettes?
Old April 5th, 2017, 08:37 AM
darkdevo
Bill

Registry
Thanks. Me and the wife planning a South America trip. So ya trying to accommodate a woman, so shower it is. And ya tied into rear bumperetes

sent from darkdevo/Bill.

------ Follow up post added April 5th, 2017 06:38 AM ------

sent from darkdevo/Bill.

------ Follow up post added April 5th, 2017 06:40 AM ------

Sandwich with a bolt and plate works well ice used off-road and rough corragations no problem

sent from darkdevo/Bill.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Build-up's, Projects & Registry Profiles > Truck Build-up's & Restores

Tags
130, 300tdi, defender, double cab, tdi