Defender Source Forum banner

Mike bought a thing...

Tags
ht
13K views 43 replies 14 participants last post by  Heyitsmike 
#1 ·
Hey guys... I know its not a defender or series... But I thought you might like to see what my new summer project will entail.
one of those------V

I have more pics too, which I'll link. I'll be sure to update as she makes progress!!

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/dgge1337wccgcj4/8lROqUv_O1

See less See more
#12 ·
They're pretty easy to fix up. You put in earplugs and that's that. No deafening noise from the truck and none from people swearing and honking at you.

#14 ·
Hey Mike - Saw that you had posted this yesterday and was immediately interested. I get such a kick seeing all the different body styles of LR. I think I actually sat in one of these in SA, Tx. It was very different sitting so far forwards. Cool little tank you have there and I can't wait to see you bring her back to life. Post lots of pictures!

#15 ·
Thanks, that's the plan!
I've always been a fan of the old European military fc's. We rebuilt an old volvo c303 for my father years ago. He kicks himself to this day for selling it. They're interesting. There's a lot of wow factor and peoples heads turning. As an enthusiast for odd trucks I just couldn't pass it up

#21 ·
I know it's a bit of a bump, but got some updates:

So when I got the thing home, we tried to see if we could get her to turn over. Threw a battery in, and she turned over but wasn't getting spark. It had one of those "lumination" ignition systems in it, which I suppose are known for not being hugely reliable. So after about 2 days of chasing wires and getting agrivated, I decided to just get a Buick 215 HEI distributor and be done with it. Threw it it, starts up and runs great!

Next in the list, there are a couple spots on the rear x-member needing fixing. Oh, and seats, I guess those are important too.

#28 ·
Never really did the math to be honest... I know of a few people with the xml's on their 101's, and they seem to do fine. It moves around the yard fine. The tires are only about a 2-3" difference from stock anyway, and still has the stock 5.57 axle gears so I can't foresee them being much of a problem

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.