Making New old stock floor mats - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Build-up's, Projects & Registry Profiles > Truck Build-up's & Restores

Old April 20th, 2015, 03:42 PM
Jimmy62alan
Alan Boyle
None

Making New old stock floor mats

I've been thinking of getting a roll of rubber with chequer plat pattern and make some templates out of cardboard and cut the rubber to made to measure sections and glue&seal it down to the floor so the whole floor is a sealed unit.
I must mention I'm doing a total nut and bolt hybrid build and all the body work and chassis will be reconditioned and several coats of paint so in theory will not need any maintenance for several years to come and the flooring won't be coming up for a long time I hope.
The Land Rover mats are sold as replacement mats and in my book they have a certain life span before they rot out.
The rubber flooring will have a hard wearing finish and I will cut out mats to go on top of the flooring in the foot wells as well. This will also go to sound proofing the vehicle at the same time. A bit costly but longer lasting I think.
ALAN
Sheffield, England, UK
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old April 21st, 2015, 09:58 PM
crown14
Verticalscrote
Volkswagen Super Beetle
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
By definition, you can't make NOS parts.
Old April 21st, 2015, 10:00 PM
Z.G
Zack
300Tdi 95 D1

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by crown14 View Post
By definition, you can't make NOS parts.
Common sense at its finest.

You are making new aftermarket parts.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Build-up's, Projects & Registry Profiles > Truck Build-up's & Restores

Tags
mats