LRUK pig to a savage twisted beast - Page 2 - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Build-up's, Projects & Registry Profiles > Truck Build-up's & Restores

Old July 14th, 2015, 09:36 PM
Jonesy
Craig
87 D110 (Ruby)

Registry
pretty tough call out against someone who can't defend themselves against some serious allegations.
Advertisement

Old July 14th, 2015, 11:49 PM
Tarheeld
Bill
1985 110

piss up between a Pommie and an Ozzie.......; mate bring on the fishnchups and the Fosters! Crownies/VB's for those larrikins....
Old November 27th, 2015, 08:50 AM
the rover shop
shayne young
89,93 & 95 camel trophy 110s 06 130

I will get around to responding to all of Lee Savage from savage defender and Brent Hoover very shortly... But remember, this was NOT a finished product, eg the fuel pump was mounted like that into existing holes so that the truck could be driven after 2 brand new fuel pumps failed.. Pre filter was on the suction side to be able to see if it was sucking crap into the pump from the tank itself.. I wasn't going to destroy the brand new Holley pump with crap getting into it..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old December 9th, 2015, 11:24 PM
the rover shop
shayne young

I see that the douchebag customer.. Brent Hoover is now selling the truck in Utah for $109,000 vin on the truck is
VIN: SALLDVAB8AA303588
Since the douche customer has never even offered to pay for anything on the truck he's just as much of a thieving bastard as lee savage is... So much for being stand up guys...thieving assholes, both of them. Karma has a way of getting around to them, I will guarantee it.. The more I think about it the more I believe it was a setup from the getgo... Lesson learned, never trust anyone beyond a certain point...especially with that much money.. Screw me once, shame on you..screw me twice..shame on me..
Old December 9th, 2015, 11:35 PM
bjf
barry f
94 ST #395

Quote:
Originally Posted by the rover shop View Post
I see that the douchebag customer.. Brent Hoover is now selling the truck in Utah for $109,000 vin on the truck is VIN: SALLDVAB8AA303588 Since the douche customer has never even offered to pay for anything on the truck he's just as much of a thieving bastard as lee savage is... So much for being stand up guys...thieving assholes, both of them. Karma has a way of getting around to them, I will guarantee it.. The more I think about it the more I believe it was a setup from the getgo... Lesson learned, never trust anyone beyond a certain point...especially with that much money.. Screw me once, shame on you..screw me twice..shame on me..
Totally forgot about this thread. Shocked you would bring it back up.

Can't wait to hear you address what savage wrote and the links he attached. Also I do love the sheet metal screws wrapped around that pump. Also is there dynamat on it in one pic?
Old December 9th, 2015, 11:52 PM
the rover shop
shayne young

Appreciate your concern Barry, I already addressed the fuel pump pic just recently... But I'll do it again for the slow kids in the back of the classroom.. We had 2 brand new fuel pumps fail and until we found out why I installed that pump so it could be driven and see if we were getting fuel contamination from the tank, wasn't about to drill more holes into the frame to install a different pump again until we found the source of the failures.... Since the truck was not finished being tested for power output with stock versus modded computer and we were still running tests for an issue with the truck getting warm during extended driving in city traffic with the a/c on in south Florida in summer.... Did you read the bit where the truck was taken before it was completed..?? Battery box had pre-existing wiring for all sorts of crap that lee had I stalled, like the underwear lighting, the voltage sensing daytime running lights, and some other stuff that escapes me at the moment..
Old December 10th, 2015, 12:05 AM
the rover shop
shayne young

Take a look at the pics... You will see 2 completely different pics of fuel pumps...how can this be the case... Unless of course someone is full of shite..!!
Old December 10th, 2015, 12:28 AM
bjf
barry f
94 ST #395

I'm talking specifically about this picture. Don't care who did it but even as a temp fix this is laughable. It looks like someone used household items to install it.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-551490818.jpg
Views:	91
Size:	266.4 KB
ID:	136666  
Old December 10th, 2015, 12:32 AM
bjf
barry f
94 ST #395

Since you revived this thread on your own, you might as well address everything savage wrote. All you have done is call him a scumbag. You have had zero responses to the actual line items. And yes I know you said in time. We can start with the basic one, where did you net out on your charges of grand larceny?
Old December 10th, 2015, 12:41 AM
the rover shop
shayne young

Cops said it was going to be a civil matter... But I've left it in the hands of my attorney who has filed for an explanation of why theft of services charges are not pertinent, as they clearly are..

------ Follow up post added December 10th, 2015 12:42 AM ------

I can go through and address the issues one by one, ..
Old December 10th, 2015, 01:15 AM
bjf
barry f
94 ST #395

Quote:
Cops said it was going to be a civil matter... But I've left it in the hands of my attorney who has filed for an explanation of why theft of services charges are not pertinent, as they clearly are.. ------ Follow up post added December 10th, 2015 12:42 AM ------ I can go through and address the issues one by one, ..
The pic I posted, was that your work or theirs?
Old December 10th, 2015, 02:08 AM
the rover shop
shayne young

Man,Mathis is not easy to do on an iPad..here is a cut and paste of his rant and my response etc in red..

Enough is enough.

I was trying to do the right thing and keep away from publicly airing dirty laundry, but this has gone too far.

I am a law abiding citizen and the same can be said for my customer in this D90 debacle.
It is true that 2 years ago when I started my Defender business I knew nothing about mechanics. I just had a love for the vehicle and wanted to have one here in the US.
I decided to buy a further 5 from a UK company and start a business, but unfortunately the Defenders that arrived were not of the quality I wanted to sell to my clients. I have had to change 4 out of the 6 with new engines, transmissions, transfer cases etc . Do complete interior rip outs on all 6 and complete paint jobs on a few. It has been a seemingly never, ending nightmare.

Shayne Young, was the ‘only guy in town’ (or so I believed) who had the knowledge, the experience and the ability to fix my Defender vehicles. I paid him in excess of $60k over the course of only 12 months, to which he never completed not even one project, and forced me into a position where I had repay $100k’s of dollars in refunds to customers who ran out of patience waiting for their builds to be completed. One customer demanded his money back in full and another decided to have the car shipped to his local mechanic to finish the vehicle. Two customers were refunded large discounts as they chose to take delivery of unfinished vehicles rather than leave the trucks in the hands of Shayne until a completion they feared would never happen.
I have noooo idea what he is talking about...if I had not finished one project would he seriously have had me doing this one... There was one that I was doing for him but his shady games with the customers deposit and lies when the truck was sent a shop of his choosing for repaint and took 6 weeks longer to be done is what caused the customer to demand his money back..but alas Mr Savage didn't have it to give back to him..

Amazingly, at one point in our relationship, I formally proposed to buy his business, “Prestige European’, in the middle of 2014. After commissioning a full background check however, it emerged he was on bail for a number of offences, not least a 3rd degree felony charge for not remitting sales tax that he had collected, to the state of Florida, a crime punishable with up to 5 years in prison. obviously I wasn't, as I'm still here...After further investigation into his criminal past not only in the USA but extending across Europe and to his home country of Australia, it was enough to make anyone run a mile. shiiit, looks like my worldwide crime spree as a drug lord has been exposedA quick search on Broward Country Official Public Records alone is 7 pages long. Feel free to look for yourself.

Sorry, I was never selling my business to this douche...how could i sell a business to someone who knows sweet dark all about land rovers let alone working on cars.. Guys dreaming.. Yes, I got into an issue with sales taxes after I got behind when my accountant hadn't remitted it.. It was all paid up during the court proceedings. And I also had my litigation with Land Rover regarding the use of the name..The Rover Shop.. That was more my stubborn pig headed refusal to not roll over and change my name...

https://officialrecords.broward.org/oncoreV2/

The business “The shop on Broward’ is actually under his wife’s name anyone else here have an ex-wife who wants to screw you for any money she can..??and not surprisingly, was closed earlier this year before the April cut off. However, he has opened and closed a large number of companies over the past few years, all operating out of the same premises. My lawyer advised me not to get involved with the purchase of his company.

Yes, I have changed the name of the business... After the Land Rover litigation... The shop on bro ward was the name of the guy who I had sold the business to and had to reposess it from when he failed to continue the payments .. I actually owned 5 auto repair shops in the immediate vicinity and finished up consolidating them into this one location...since it is actually 3 premises I kept it that way so as to not allow the city to change it to one premises as it is prime location grandfathered in, once lost it can't be changed back.. This way it kept my options open of subletting in the future..

From this point on I kept my professional relationship with Shayne in order to recover some of my losses and finish my vehicles.

There is not enough time in my day or yours to go into everything that has happened, but suffice it to say that if you know Shayne, you might know what ordeals I have been through. However, as I was at his shop almost every day from January 2014 thru to March 2015, I know that I’m the only mug whose cars he was working on to this extent. You may be familiar with a few DIY projects of his own; don’t believe for one second a paying customer gets anything better.

If I focus only on this white D90 build, I hope you will finally understand the issues at large.
Upon delivery of the D90 to his premises at 711 W Broward Boulevard, Fort Lauderdale - which company was operating there at the time I don't know, it could have been - The Rover Shop/Prestige European/The Shop on Broward/Down Under Up over Enterprises/ Saab Service/
..... Prestige Euro Tech Service/Prestige British Auto Service/ .....these ones aren't even my businesses and are actually some other guy a couple of streets back....

Oztralia Inc, but it was May 2014. A number of items were flagged as problems/issues and immediately a complete works list was agreed upon......I started after he was trying to screw LRUK out of paying his remaining bill with them...
After 4 months of doing nothing Shayne finally began addressing items on the works list. After a repair bill in excess of $12k, ....dreaming, we installed a stereo and he had a bunch of paint and interior trim work done from memory.....I then advertised the car for sale. I sold the car a few weeks later and the customer came to collect at 9am on a Friday morning according to the schedule agreed upon by Shayne. Shayne, in his usual fashion, had not finished the repairs and the customer did not leave his premises until 10pm that night. 100 miles down the road the engine exploded...... We had done nothing at all to the engine, I had told lee that the engine was a bit tired and it was having some low oil pressure lights flickering, but he insisted he needed the sale to go through..... The customer, a devoted Defender lover, stayed with the project and Shayne convinced him and myself a diesel to gas conversion was the best route....
Not quite true...customer really liked the aesthetics of the truck but was very disappointed with the 2.5'Diesel engine as he is a hobbyist race car driver in a Porsche... So they asked for a conversion to something with better performance.. Shayne specified the equipment, the flat project price of $12k....... No, I specified an estimate of $12-$14k....... and the time frame in which he would complete it. We paid a deposit against the set project price and with a quoted 6-week time frame, Shayne started. This was September 24th 2014…....no, lee used the customers deposit money elsewhere and had to play a shell game as I told him I would not be starting on it until I received a deposit and THEN it could get slated to be started on.. He sent me a deposit on a truck he was buying from me...3 weeks later he begged me to consider that as the deposit on this build instead and he would get me the deposit later for the truck he wanted to buy from me.. (Actually my white d90 I started to paint flat white for him)..

…..Seven months later, after 2 transmissions... I didn't like the looks of the worn output shaft on the first rebuilt one I received...so I ordered another one from England .., 2 engines, an exhaust that didn't even arrive until February.......didn't arrive because they added it during the build....., moving from a Gems setup to a 14CUX setup, .....yep, the lumpy cam they wanted me to use was playing havoc with the closed loop fuel injection system and spark timing of the GEMS engine management..... 3 fuel pump failures...mentioned this previously....., 2 distributor setups.... Had a brand new Mallory ignition module go bad, causing double sparking which also caused excessive fuel injection, took a bit to figure that one out....., at least 3 radiator setups.... Yep,as mentioned, I was trying to get an even better operational cooling system with the high compression 4.6 engine with a/c on in traffic in the middle of summer in south Florida.... and a range of excuses for delays that ranged from the mundane to the truly specular all combined with the reality that the customer had now flown into Florida 5 separate times to pick up his car,.... No, he flew into Florida because he was selling his house in Florida and moving to UTAH..... as instructed by Shayne, but he always had to leave without the Defender – It was decided it was best that when Shayne had fully finally finished, I was to pick the Defender up, get it valeted and use it for a week to iron out any problems before the customer flew back in for the 6th time.....no, it was decided that since you have ZERO common sense and knowledge when it comes to driving a car and watching gauges, I was to drive the car for a period of time to ensure that it was good, I had even offered to drive the car to Utah to deliver it....once I was done with it and knew it was all good and heads were retorqued oil changes done etc etc...

I got a text message from Shayne on the 13th April saying ‘I think I’m done with it…’ he sent this after a long conversation with the owner saying it was ready for me to pickup. ..... No, he wanted to take it down to my trim shop he was using to have some trim work completed.... After going to his shop everyday for the next 10 days because it wasn’t finished, the wheels weren’t even on it when I went round on the 13th, .... They had provided new wheels as part of the twisted brake package and wanted different Tyres put on them at the tyre shop , which I paid for and added to the bill because Lee didn't have the money and the tyre shop wasn't releasing them until they were paid for.........he finally verbally said he was completely finished, there was nothing more he could do and I drove it away on the 23rd April.... Why would I have said I was finished and to drive it away before being paid for it...?????... He wanted to take it back to the trim shop.....again to have them recover the mud-UK rear door trim they butchered up trying to make it fit, That was the last I ever saw of the truck and Lee.....trim shop is one mile away from my shop..

After less than 8 minutes down the road driving at no more than 40 mph it raced to 230 degrees (this is with the A/C off ). It took me over an hour of stop/start to get 10 miles down the road.....yes, about 2 hours after Lee left he sent the owner a video of him driving it down the road with the needle at over 230 and continuing to drive it, and the of him videoing the engine saying it's making a noise from the engine, well duh...its running hot and the lifters are clacking away, God only knows what lee had done to that engine by driving it overheating, as far as I know he may have done something to it to try and validate him getting,out of paying his bill, funnily enough, the customer had already put over 700 miles on it and was extremely happy with the sound, performance etc etc of the truck and NEVER had it overheating, yes , it had run warm after sitting in extended traffic with a/c on... And I have text messages from the customer to back this up........ I decided to take it to another local mechanic who deemed the car not road worthy after having diagnosed a few initial problems, such as numerous concerning engine knocks and ticks, oil leaks and worryingly, the fire risks that were prevalent, most notably from the mess of a wiring harness resting on the transmission and a plastic fuel filter rated to only 7 psi which Shayne had badly installed with 90 degree bends next to the exhaust. .... This guy has zero idea where the exhaust even is....its on the left side of the truck...the fuel tank etc on the right...and the filter was prepump, so is actually a negative pressure..dumbass...... At this point, I decided that there was no point in taking the vehicle back to Shayne for him to spend another 2 months trying to fix his problems, just to be exactly in the same position.

Enough was enough.

We have spent a further $20k fixing his mess over the past 3 months. Myself and my customer are not afraid to spend money, provided we get sound workmanship and a completed product. I am attaching just a few pictures of the work Shayne did. I am no mechanic, although I have learnt a great deal over the past 2 years, and I’m getting good at recognizing bad workmanship when I see it.

At this point, all communication moved to email as Shayne has a way of twisting verbal conversations and as this was a 3-way conversation everything needed to be documented. His initial idea was to pull the engine out again and for him to rebuild another new engine....

I had come to the possible conclusion that combustion gases from the high compression 4.6 motor (4.0 block with 4.6 crank and rods with 4.0 Pistons) may have been getting past the cylinder liner into the coolant chamber and causing some overheating, we had been looking at it as a inefficiency of the cooling system but not realizing it possibly wasn't the cooling system but the engine producing excessive temps, I had offered to have the t-top mods done at my expense as I was looking at it more as a challenge at this point in time..and I was committed to seeing it resolved.... We instructed him that we were not prepared to do this and were having the vehicle independently assessed. We asked for a final proposed bill so we could understand where we were.......LIE...never asked for a bill as he had no intention of paying it...... Shayne simply replied ‘send me pictures’. After a week, we emailed again saying that the independent analysis had not been favorable and again requested the final bill, to which he replied he was calling the police and that I was to have a nice day, or ‘what was left of it’. At this point we had no choice but to bring our lawyers into the communications and to this day, 3 months on, Shayne has refused to acknowledge a single email or send us the bill....still a lie again, I have NEVER heard from his supposed lawyers and he moved his business location c/o some attorney office 60 miles away, I also never received a "report" of what was supposedly wrong with the engine........

Both myself and my client sent Shayne emails requesting a bill so that we could sit down and work out if we owed him anything. ..NOPE, never did......We still want to settle the bill based on the initial deposit, our inventory of parts still in Shayne’s possession,.... What, the old blown diesel motor..??.....or the old tranny you sold on eBay to some poor unsuspecting schmuck.. minus the parts and work that have failed on the vehicle. Our lawyer has also sent written requests asking for a final bill without response..... Can't get a response when you never sent a request....

His comments of a proposed bill of $32k is quite frankly, unbelievable, when the verbal agreement between all parties was a flat fee of $12k. ....12-14 on simply the conversion using a USED 4.6 engine that was going to be externally revealed, oil pan and valve cover gaskets replaced, rear main oil seal etc......We did part way into the build add a brake package as the brakes were not man enough for the more powerful engine, so we did a disc brake conversion, of which all parts were supplied to Shayne FOC apart from the donor axles which Shayne removed off a $500 scrap Discovery. There were no other major items added to the build.....
Except for complete dash gauges change and additional factory tach added and installation of GPS speedometer system, addition of stabiliser bars front and rear, power windows, different stereo again, hidden Bluetooth system with custom sound control, additions of front and rear high power speakers and monster cable, complete sound deadening of doors while adding power windows, chage of suspension to give lower front, addition of heated seating, auxiliary power outlets, remove interior 3 times for trim shop work, LED lighting, r&r fuel tank and flush, magna flow cat back exhaust, and I am sure I am missing a couple of things...yeah, apart from that, but since I have all of those requests on text and email I'm good...

The police did indeed call myself and my client around 3 weeks ago, as it was their duty to follow up from a complaint, and within 48 hours they called back to say they would not be taking the case any further as nothing criminal had occurred and it was for us to work out civilly. For Shayne to be claiming he is filing charges of Grand Larceny is just another example of his childishness, as only the police can file criminal charges.

If Shayne continues to refuse to communicate with our lawyers, then we are by the end of this week, considering this matter closed. He has in excess of $10k worth of our assets on his premises, some of which he has already attempted to sell on this forum and eBay without our permission.
i would lovvvve to hear what those parts are..please let me know what parts I could possibly have removed off this conversion to sell..??
I personally feel we have saved Shayne a lot of trouble by finishing the project elsewhere. more like you think you have saved yourself about $32kAfter 8 months he was unable to do the work and the other mechanic has not only fully replaced and repaired everything but also fitted another reconditioned 4.6L V8 immaculately in less than 8 weeks. I am sure Shayne is quietly thankful the project is out of his hands as it was a project beyond his capabilities.

Shayne continues to this day to harass my family with threats mainly by text messages, claiming police are going to be turning up on their doorstep and he is watching their every move. The latest has been an ominous round of emoticons. It is so juvenile it’s sadly no longer a joke and he needs to stop.please feel free to back this up with actual proof

If you don’t believe a word I have written, then you should look at the Better Business Bureau and see a complaint against Shayne from 2013 where he did exactly the same to someone else, although her build took 2.5 years.no, if you recall I had sold the business with the express arrangement with the new owner that the build would be finished by him, unfortunately when I had to repo the business it was still there and the new business owner had taken the final payments on the build without finishing it off... I shelled out of my own pocket and finished the truck off as soon as possible and delivered it to her, but unfortunately by that time she was already pissed off, and justifiably so.... This is all backed up in y responses to the BBB, who found in my favour..
Old December 10th, 2015, 03:09 AM
the rover shop
shayne young

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjf View Post
The pic I posted, was that your work or theirs?
That was done At my house when it died on a test drive, we were trying to find the cause of a constant buzzing noise and (it turned out to be the 2 new fuel pumps going bad,) thought it may have been that the fuel pumps were getting too hot, so I grabbed a spare Bosch unit i had laying around and shoved it up there so i could drive it back to the shop and see where the noise was emanating from, as mentioned, I didn't want to drill more holes in the frame to mount this out of the way from wrapping up in the driveshaft..once the noise was found to be from contamination in the fuel tank customer requested to have the tank out, flushed and sealed and then I could mount the expensive fuel pump in place on the frame rail there...I had wrapped that dynamat around the filter as I thought it was buzzing where it was mounted,,,turned out the fuel pump noise was reverberating through the filter housing.... Once again, all of these tidying up issues would have been addressed once I had resolved the main issue we were combatting..i.e..the running warm..
Old December 10th, 2015, 09:17 AM
bjf
barry f
94 ST #395

Quote:
That was done At my house when it died on a test drive, we were trying to find the cause of a constant buzzing noise and (it turned out to be the 2 new fuel pumps going bad,) thought it may have been that the fuel pumps were getting too hot, so I grabbed a spare Bosch unit i had laying around and shoved it up there so i could drive it back to the shop and see where the noise was emanating from, as mentioned, I didn't want to drill more holes in the frame to mount this out of the way from wrapping up in the driveshaft..once the noise was found to be from contamination in the fuel tank customer requested to have the tank out, flushed and sealed and then I could mount the expensive fuel pump in place on the frame rail there...I had wrapped that dynamat around the filter as I thought it was buzzing where it was mounted,,,turned out the fuel pump noise was reverberating through the filter housing.... Once again, all of these tidying up issues would have been addressed once I had resolved the main issue we were combatting..i.e..the running warm..
As entertaining as this all is, I still don't know why you bothered responding to any of it on here. I know you want to protect your name but this guy is gone, might as well let this die off. And this is coming from a guy who will take any shot he can at you.
Old December 10th, 2015, 06:24 PM
the rover shop
shayne young

Barry, you seem like a cluey guy...do you know anything about SEO algorithms.?...
Old December 10th, 2015, 07:40 PM
bjf
barry f
94 ST #395

I don't know anything about SEO. I do know enough that no matter how many times you post about them being scumbags if I did search your name and this thread comes up it's not like all the posts from them are gone but alas if I search your name there are bigger issues.
Old December 10th, 2015, 08:55 PM
cbfritz_03
Carmen
none

lol... stfu
Car Camping Collective founding member - Badge #88 ...with 4 whole fried chickens and a coke.
Old December 10th, 2015, 08:57 PM
bjf
barry f
94 ST #395

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbfritz_03 View Post
lol... stfu
Was wondering when you would chime in.
Old December 10th, 2015, 09:55 PM
the rover shop
shayne young

Yep...there is quite a few of me's out there.. Just make sure you are looking at the right ones..... Keep in mind Barry, I'm here for a good time....not a long time..
Old December 10th, 2015, 10:01 PM
ATX_D110
Victor
1985 RHD D110 (SOLD)

I'm looking for an internal full 110 cage. You both have tremendous energy, can you help?!?

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Build-up's, Projects & Registry Profiles > Truck Build-up's & Restores