5K views 33 replies 11 participants last post by  Tallergypsy 
#1 ·
Guess I should start a build tread for me FC101, 1 tonne

This is to pretty to paint?

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
No biting please lol, Able Enginnering in the UK. 101parts.co.uk

They do some great work, even a galv chassis if you need one.

Give us the scoop on your PS mod please.

How's the doors coming along?

#4 ·
Finally crating all the stuff we sold this week along with the 2.8tg. I'll post once we figure it all out, we are using an e350 gear box with a 4" drop pitman arm and the corresponding pump. We got the box mounted yesterday, a lot of cutting...

#6 ·
Tiny update

Fitted new tow bar, towing electrics and gearbox reverse light switch wired up to new light. Let the towing begin.

Attachments

#12 ·
Diff cover is a G2, looking for getting a green oval to fit in the recess. Got on sale at that heep place. Only changed it as it had pin holes in the old pressed pie tin of a cover.

Going to get a Solid for the front as the G2 is to deep to fit as the track will foul it, the Solid is not so deep. The Solid is made of iron.

Cherrs

#13 · (Edited)
So we used an E350 box and a rover pump, boxed the chassis and reinforced the frame supports. Should be on the road this weekend, will keep you updated... I will have to make a new floor bc the section under fuel peddle has to be raised to clear the pitman arm. I was also able to move the box forward about six inches, which is a huge bonus!

Attachments

#15 ·
New tank fitted after cleaning up the frame.

Attachments

#16 ·
Fill tube

If you still have the original steering box fitted, I added a 3inch tube (3/8 pipe) to the filler tube. This gets the oil level higher so the top bearing is covered with oil. As it was the top bearing didn't get oil.

Attachments

#17 ·
Yes five (5) 315/75-16 do fit in a D3 with not much room to spare. But was enough room for 2 12 packs and a side of beef for the barbie from Sams

Attachments

#18 ·
Hope you don't mind me posting pics... I'm doing the same project, and due to how few of these there are I figured you wouldn't care:) if you do I'll stop... I'll be testing the power steering conversion this weekend on the trail

Attachments

#22 ·
Did you break it?

#25 · (Edited)
I got tired of the Housing straps that somebody called seat belts, had a old set from my 90 and fit "perfect".

I should add that this FC101 is now road legal, it's been a long year getting it set up to my likings that is safe. It just a shame that this vehicle came to me in such a poor state of repair.

All that is needed now is a Cummins shaker.

Attachments

#27 ·
On the road again.

Attachments

#30 ·
Look good man... I am actually dumping the ford box set up that we did and will be going full Hydrolic. To many issues with the gear box angles that we didn't anticipate

#31 ·
Thanks guys, it was a long haul, was nearly set fire to on a couple of occasions. I always wondered about the full hydraulic set ups but was told not so good for road use? As this is going to be used alot for car camping? Plus other things in the moutains. It seems some are using the p38 boxes.

Was looking at one of those pop up slide in camper type things, there is a company in California that make one nearly to my fit but don't supply a bare shell just fully built out. Might be a good reason to get that tig welder?

Got four nearly new 900x16 bar grips that have less than a 100 miles on them coming up for sale if anybody is interested. Plus a good spare age mileage n/k

#32 ·
Honestly you can do hydro assist and keep everything the same and be perfectly happy. I gutted everything so there isn't any turning back, and I got to see some guys with hydro setups and they are amazing. I felt the same way as you about hydro before I started, but have since changed my mind after seeing a couple sets

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.