Defender Source Forum banner

Doors with push up handles and roll down windows

5K views 16 replies 9 participants last post by  scrubs 
#1 ·
Hi Friends,

I am restoring my 84 Defender 110 and I would like to have doors w/ push up handles and roll down windows.

I have seen them in couple of youtube videos. Are these after market? Custom made? Where can I find them?

Thanks

#3 ·
They were used for only a few years (to 1985). You can buy some of what is needed new, but some parts are impossible to get. One of the big parts that can't be bought are the latches. Unfortunately these also tend to wear out, so getting decent used ones is not easy either. If you can find a good complete set, that is your only real hope. Just hope that one of the NLA parts does not break.

#8 ·
I am trying to image what these look like.

Are these the handles that the NAS softtops had but with roll down windows?

I called them pull up handles but semantics. Unless this is something difference.

Any pictures?

#9 ·
On the outside, they have lift up handles, the same as the split doors and Series trucks. On the inside, they have a remote handle and locks and roll up windows. You can buy new front doors, window regulators, inside handles and door cards. The latches, windows tracks, and such are NLA. Used from 1983 to 1985 model years.

There are also split door versions that have remote inside handles and locks.... Super rare.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.