Defender 110 and want to restore , was 200 tdi and ant upgrade - Page 2 - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Build-up's, Projects & Registry Profiles > Truck Build-up's & Restores

Join the Defender Source Community Today

Old February 4th, 2013, 07:52 PM
1995 RRC SWB
Is it a Dutch teams vehicle?

1984 Camel Trophy 110
1995 Range Rover Classic SWB
1992 Range Rover Classic SWB
Old February 4th, 2013, 08:27 PM
El Solis
Chris Solis
Camel Trophy 110 sorta :)
Front 1/4 panel dent is old and actually gone. Hated to pound it out but couldn't get the wing off (just the outer panel) to run wires for upgrading headlight wires etc. which if you drive a defender and haven't added relays to your headlights you are missing out, just sayin. Few new pin strips and possibly a dent in the chassis but nothing major to the body. All the trouble was from a suspect 200 tdi my own fault for not tearing it down prior to installation.

Old February 4th, 2013, 08:35 PM
Robert Davis
Originally Posted by Camel 422 View Post
I didn't tear it apart yet ( myself ) to see exactly ... and have too pissed to look myself to be honest, I look at it and get sick.
Until you know the facts regarding the engine, you won't know if it's actually "dead", but it doesn't sound good.

You are best to fix the things that need attention without "restoring" which would cover up the vehicles significant past.

There are lots of other 110s out there that can be restored without loosing the historical significance that Dale and others point out should be maintained with this 110.

We have a low mileage 200TDI in our shop here in VA if that will help.
Trevor, Pendy, or Matt Brown would be good choices to do the work, but Trevor (Roverlab) is probably the closest (130 miles).

PM me if this sounds like an option.
We are not crazy about getting rid of our last 200TDI, but would sell it if it will at least get this 110 back on the road.

Uncle "Richard" Douglas has a Land Rover with big wheels that never gets stuck... until he breaks something so it won't go. Uncle Douglas always breaks something. - Anna Crowther at the Conclave 2012 (AKA Carburetor Neck)
Old February 6th, 2013, 12:32 PM
Mark Lorman
95 ST #2782
Old February 6th, 2013, 01:00 PM
Gotta chime in here....

Dead is very relative for any Rover motor. They are designed to be worked on and fixed. Even money what you have can be fixed. It "might" be better to get another used or rebuilt 200TDI, your call on that.

I would not consider any driveline other than the 200, there will be little to no gain, the truck will lose value and it will cost more money to swap.

We try to keep 200s in stock. Get with me if we cna help...and a big plug for Trevor from me as well. Good guy and great work.
Terrence Anderson
Shipping Manager

+44 404 915 1281
Atlanta, GA USA

1st Floor, 2, Woodberry Grove
N12 0DR
+44 020 8133 1557

Company Registration No. 09003009

Our new Vehicle Sales site:
Old February 6th, 2013, 02:06 PM
Mike Hammond
110 200Tdi and a 2005 Scorpa SY250
233,000 miles on my 200 tdi and still going strong, change the oil every 5000 miles etc. etc.
Great engine, replace or rebuild like for like in my opinion.

Mike Hammond
Diesels.....great when they're going and so easy to work on.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Build-up's, Projects & Registry Profiles > Truck Build-up's & Restores

110, defender, defender 110, tdi