D110 Builders in Dallas/Ft Worth area? - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Build-up's, Projects & Registry Profiles > Truck Build-up's & Restores

Old August 11th, 2016, 09:04 PM
Soonerdefender
Jason
None

D110 Builders in Dallas/Ft Worth area?

Does anyone have a recommendation for a respectable shop that can do a full nut and bolt restoration on a defender 110? I have the donor and many of the parts. Just looking for a shop that is capable of building one from the ground up, and I'm not looking for a place that is over a couple hundred miles away from DFW. Tried that and it's not working out. Need a new shop. Budget is plenty for a high quality build.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old August 11th, 2016, 09:21 PM
rijosho
Joshua
1995 Black ST - Rhinolined edition
Research Assistant/Eagle Eyes

Registry
Just a thought but if you choose one of the well known builders on here you likely won't need to be as local to the shop as you currently think you need to be. Although that's easy for me to say since I wasn't burned by Urban like I think you were.
Old August 11th, 2016, 09:39 PM
rdavisinva
Robert Davis
N/A

Mike at Ferraris and More in Garland, TX

Uncle "Richard" Douglas has a Land Rover with big wheels that never gets stuck... until he breaks something so it won't go. Uncle Douglas always breaks something. - Anna Crowther at the Conclave 2012 (AKA Carburetor Neck)

"What's with this death wobble, Uncle Douglas, I can't keep it in 1 lane?"
UD: "Just Power through it man!"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old August 11th, 2016, 09:47 PM
Soonerdefender
Jason
None

Great, thanks! Yes I have not had good luck with the build with 2 different shops now. 2nd shop has had the truck for 6 months and hasn't touched it yet. I will contact Mike. Thanks again.
Old August 11th, 2016, 09:54 PM
rdavisinva
Robert Davis
N/A

Mike in not overpriced and knows his stuff.
He has been reliable to several owners in the area and always came through for travelers in the area with a breakdown.
Am not sure if he does complete builds though, but a build can take a long time.
Don't believe the TV shows because they have 90 people working around the clock who aren't on camera to make the silly reality TV deadlines.
The real world shares resources and misses deadlines more often than satisfies deadlines.

Uncle "Richard" Douglas has a Land Rover with big wheels that never gets stuck... until he breaks something so it won't go. Uncle Douglas always breaks something. - Anna Crowther at the Conclave 2012 (AKA Carburetor Neck)

"What's with this death wobble, Uncle Douglas, I can't keep it in 1 lane?"
UD: "Just Power through it man!"
Old August 11th, 2016, 10:25 PM
Soonerdefender
Jason
None

Yeah I understand that, but I have little patience for complete lack of communication for months at a time when told many things that never happened. I know these shops aren't always professional operations and don't expect promises and communications to be accurate at all times, but to have this many broken promises without even starting on it is discouraging.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Build-up's, Projects & Registry Profiles > Truck Build-up's & Restores

Tags
110, d110