D1 to D90 - Page 6 - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Build-up's, Projects & Registry Profiles > Truck Build-up's & Restores

Join the Defender Source Community Today

Old May 18th, 2015, 04:31 PM
Rocky
Chris
72 + D1 drivetrain

Well the pesky no start scenario that started (!) at WR may well have been due to the remote mounted GM amplifier that simply isn't up the job in the Rover environment. We now have a good consistent start, but it now when warm stalls out at idle after the revs get lower and lower. IAC valve seems ok.
Of course when you get to spend quality time under the hood, you notice other things. Wasn't too happy with the cooling last summer and the noises from the water pump put that on the next order list. Looks like ABP has the the closest thing to genuine possible. So that's up next.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old June 2nd, 2015, 10:18 PM
Rocky
Chris
72 + D1 drivetrain

New Starter check, I'm going to put the rebuilt but whiny alternator into my parts bin.

Decided to rename it. Originally Nigel, it became Nigella and now its just Ella. Has to be a woman, because she only hints at whats wrong, so you fix it and discover that's not really the solution.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old July 3rd, 2016, 07:37 AM
Rocky
Chris
72 + D1 drivetrain

A year or so later and alls well. With one exception. I've been slacking and need to work on the truck. Done a few little jobs like seat box lids, tire carrier, started trunk space bed mat etc.

Last night I tripped over some tie downs I'd bought for my D1 long ago.

Your question to start the day, should I use Aluminum bolts to secure them to the rear tub rather than SS or galvy bolts? Or am I overthinking the dread galvanic corrosion curse?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old July 3rd, 2016, 07:56 AM
1of40
1of40
NAS 97SW & 83 One Ten Tdi

Registry
The early ROWs I've seen don't seem to have the problems the NAS trucks do. I think if you prep the surfaces the SS will be fine.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old October 1st, 2016, 02:13 PM
Rocky
Chris
72 + D1 drivetrain

A tad inconvenient when you are driving along in the rain and the entire wiper arm flies off. Fortunately, after walking the street and not finding it, (thinking its time to order another from RovahFarm) I spotted it caught between the hood and raised heater intake. Looking at the other one, it's pretty clear I hadn't properly secured with of them on the shaft. A quick tap with a SFH (small frigging hammer) makes this the easiest repair in a while.
Old October 3rd, 2016, 09:35 AM
FlyersFan76
Chris
1987 110 Convertible

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky View Post
A tad inconvenient when you are driving along in the rain and the entire wiper arm flies off. Fortunately, after walking the street and not finding it, (thinking its time to order another from RovahFarm) I spotted it caught between the hood and raised heater intake. Looking at the other one, it's pretty clear I hadn't properly secured with of them on the shaft. A quick tap with a SFH (small frigging hammer) makes this the easiest repair in a while.
That happened to me once or twice. Fortunately I had RainX and could still see.

1997 Defender 90- AA Yellow #1701- Wrecked
1997 Defender 90- AA Yellow #?- Sold
2000 AM General Hummer- Sold
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Build-up's, Projects & Registry Profiles > Truck Build-up's & Restores

Tags
90, d90